Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD My Gibby is Here!

This is a momentous occasion for me. My first full-size headstock Gibson. Les Paul Junior Special (humbucker edition). Set-up was really nice out of the box. Just tuned it up and jammed for about 5 minutes, then started taking pics for thread. First impressions are very positive. I really like the 490-t/r pickups, as suspected since I prefer vintage output HBs. Baked maple feels nice. Smoother than rosewood. Haven't played it long enough to notice any issues, but so far Im really digging this thing. Only thing I wish it had was a lighter transparent finsih on the back so I can see the wood. The nitro is so thick on the back of the headstock you can barely read the Made IN USA stamp. Oh well . For $549 this was a no brainer. Pics.

Nice gigbag.
    Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Looks great ! HNGD !
    "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
    Nikola Tesla

Comment

Great lookign gutiar! HNGD!

I'd consider tossing some covers on those pickups if I were you. I think it would really complete the look.
      - Gibson ES-335
      - Gibson Hummingbird
      - Fender Strat MIM
      - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
      - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

Comment

Congrats!

Oh, by the way, Gibsons are like tattoos: one is NEVER enough!
        -Luke
        You can trust: Misle, teleman, Teh Bacons, usebigwords, honkytone, uOpt.
        Member of the SG Army

Comment

Very nice! HNGD!
          Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

HNGD!
            Theres only two kinds of music HEAVY and METAL!!!!!

Comment

Don't sell yourself short. You have NIBS too!
              http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vcnyls
                View Post

Great lookign gutiar! HNGD!

I'd consider tossing some covers on those pickups if I were you. I think it would really complete the look.

I kinda like the open coil look on this guitar myself. If it were a Standard or Custom then yeah. Plus I hear covers dampen the highs somewhat. .

I may end up getting a bone or Tusq nut installed, although it seems to hold tune well. Maybe some black speed knobs and some kind of locking bridge. .
                Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

JAM!
                  A-traders: cbh5150, zuzuman, Bro Blue, mtrejo, robotechnology, jsonnenblick, Highway_61, digi, RUExp, cptnmayonnaise, egnorth, xnatex, hz1952, Metalhead Mike, ProjectX, Gearaholic, A3C, joemudge4, vangkm, Mr JinX, Tweedledee, Moon Shadow, luke978, zuzuman, guitarman_nebr, raine36, stevestevens, xtchc1978, symmetry2170, GW348, jforsythe, young_grandma(x2), gibsfend, ogreki11er, BigF, JEHA, Big Happy, DataDeluxeRev, SnoMan97, gripside80, blind radish, Phillbis, detranova, big Idiot, super56k, Advv

Comment

Well played, sir.
                    Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

I think this was a good choice. I got my Special w/ HB's last week. A keeper.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                      My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

Congrats, HNGD!
                        Multiple award winning blues/rock/country at http://www.zeyerband.com or http://www.reverbnation.com/zeyer.Check my solo (instrumental rock) projects at: http://www.reverbnation.com/vincedickinson"Music is like the English language - it's just full of rules that need to be broken or you aren't hip.""It doesn't take talent to upgrade your playing. It takes patience" - Kenny Werner

Comment

Awesome!

HNGD!
                          Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

That definitely is a no-brainer!! HNGD!!!
                            The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
                            Lou Reed

Comment

Great Score. Enjoy and play the hell out of that baby.
                              My Amps & Guitars:
                              The Bassmen: Proud Fender Bassman Player
                              Fender Blackface Fraternity Lifetime Member

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Comment

Working...
                              X