Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

$89 metallic orange Squier Bullet

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $89 metallic orange Squier Bullet

Saw one at GC the other day looks to be a nice mod platform. Just out of curiosity, are the bodies made out of wood, or a laminate of sorts? Not really important for $89, but I'd prefer it to not be plywood.......

Stock photo

<div class="signaturecontainer">My gear:<br />
    AXL Badwater SRO Pro<br />
    2001 Brawley Threat LTD<br />
    Warmoth Superstrat<br />
    JB Player neck-thru project currently in progress<br />
    <br />
    Yamaha THR10</div>

Bullets are usually solid bodies...A little smaller all around though....

Comment

Bullets are usually solid bodies...A little smaller all around though....

Comment

plywood, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - still good tones available! my issue with the bullets is the body thickness not being thick enough.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">SPAM:<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs &amp; pricing<br />
        <br />
        Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic</div>

Comment

plywood, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - still good tones available! my issue with the bullets is the body thickness not being thick enough.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">SPAM:<br />
          <br />
          <br />
          Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs &amp; pricing<br />
          <br />
          Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic</div>

Comment

http://www.squier-talk.com/forum/squ...ywood-not.html

Comment

http://www.squier-talk.com/forum/squ...ywood-not.html

Comment

Is it current or vintage? My experience is that Bullets were solid during the 80s then plywoof from about 1990 through 2006 or 2007, then they went to a very light weight wood that doesn't seem to be ply.

Having said that, I've never seen a Bullet that color.

On a related note, I had a 1994 Korean Bullet that had a lightweight plywood body and it was one of the most resonant bodies I've ever owned. More than any MIM Standard I've owned and better than half the American bodies I've played.
                Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Is it current or vintage? My experience is that Bullets were solid during the 80s then plywoof from about 1990 through 2006 or 2007, then they went to a very light weight wood that doesn't seem to be ply.

Having said that, I've never seen a Bullet that color.

On a related note, I had a 1994 Korean Bullet that had a lightweight plywood body and it was one of the most resonant bodies I've ever owned. More than any MIM Standard I've owned and better than half the American bodies I've played.
                  Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

there may have been plywood Bullets at some point in the distant past, but they've been solid wood for quite a while. Here's a thread where a guy stripped his Bullet and you can see for yourself:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum...d.php?t=480428

The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
                    Lou Reed

Comment

there may have been plywood Bullets at some point in the distant past, but they've been solid wood for quite a while. Here's a thread where a guy stripped his Bullet and you can see for yourself:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum...d.php?t=480428

Lou Reed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2
                        View Post

I have read many positive reviews of the plywood-bodied Squiers.
                        Lou Reed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2
                          View Post

I have read many positive reviews of the plywood-bodied Squiers.
                          Lou Reed

Comment

I have owned several plywood guitars that were quite resonant and better-than-decent instruments. I got no beef with ply. I think the hardware and electronics play a bigger role in electric instruments and the wood thing, while a factor, is overstated.

That Bullet natural refinish in the pics above looks tasty!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkred"><font size="3"><i>I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.</i> -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)</font></font></div>

Comment

I have owned several plywood guitars that were quite resonant and better-than-decent instruments. I got no beef with ply. I think the hardware and electronics play a bigger role in electric instruments and the wood thing, while a factor, is overstated.

That Bullet natural refinish in the pics above looks tasty!
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkred"><font size="3"><i>I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.</i> -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)</font></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X