Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any SG love?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played a 70s tribute sg at GC a few weeks ago and fell in love! For some reason i only like the looks of the sg's with the small block inlays. When i save up some cash i might grab one...
    Originally posted by fu2jobu"1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. "FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782

Comment

here's mine built in Alameda County CA by an unkown luthier some time in the 80's

GUITARS:
      Fender MIM Standard Strat
      Hand Made SG Replica
      Epiphone DOT Studio
      Westbury Standard
      Cort X-5
      New Dawn Signature Prototype
      Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
      Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
      AMPS:
      Crate VC3112
      Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

Mmmmmm, SG-ey!!!

Most of mine:

I also have two actual Gibsons, an 88 SG-62, and a real 63 Junior! Both project status. -Adam
        "Does whatever a Spider-pig does!"

Comment

i have the same case. its really nice with the contrasting white interior, of course I keep a Tele in it. SGs sans hardcase=ticking fail bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by bsman
          View Post

just got her last night, so it's too soon to make a rational evaluation, but so far, all signs point to

stuff:
          52RI Tele
          Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
          more stuff:
          65 Twin Reverb Reissue
          Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WilmerTheWhite
            View Post

That's a nice one. What year is it?

thank you, WtW! it's a '62. don't you have a similar one from either '61 or '62?
            INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

I've been playing my white 1988 SG Special II a bit lately, it's really got a great feel. It has an ebony fretboard, I changed out a lot of the hardware cause it was kind of crumby but the body, neck and frets are top notch:

I also have my first good guitar, bought it new back around 1972, it's also been modded over the years:

with the volute:

http://www.myspace.com/399453211

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=276061

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nails

Comment

Love em....

16' Gibson SG Std.
                15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
                OD9 Pro+>1962x>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
                Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
                Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane
                  View Post

thank you, WtW! it's a '62. don't you have a similar one from either '61 or '62?

Yes, mine

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by orourke
                    View Post

I also have my first good guitar, bought it new back around 1972, it's also been modded over the years:

with the volute:

I learned to play on one of these!

I seem to recall an LP style pickguard though. And I did put a DiMarzio SD in the bridge and removed the cover from the neck pup.

Was a great axe to learn on for a little kid that couldn't really shoulder something big and heavy.
                    "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

My Bigsbyfied Epi Faded Cherry model. I love the satin finish and neck binding on this guitar. Pickups are the Entwistle HV-58's with Mojotone raw nickel covers...

SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WilmerTheWhite
                        View Post

Yes, mine
                        INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

My SG Faded. I got the vibrola from DCinDC, added some covers and gave my wife permission to use it as a canvas.

Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

I've had two Gibson SGs but flipped both of them for a profit. I have a nice upgraded Jr that I recently refinished and an LTD that I Junior-ized.

I also like to sort of split the difference with LP DCs. I've had two Gibsons and have three Ibanez of that ilk.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

HC GREAT WHITE OUT SURVIVOR 2012 , RIP those that didnt make it.

Rutles meet them , know them , love them , touch them
                              http://www.rutles.org/rstory.html
                              QUOTE=midnightlaundry Your ****************************, no help reply is exactly why I hate this board.
                              Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

Watch out, there are some terribly bothersome trolls around here.

Comment

Love 'em. I just bought a 1992 ebony black one. Here are some pics :

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ase-%281992%29

BTW do you know which pickups are in that year's model (Gibson SG Special) ?

Comment

Working...
                                X