Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played a 70s tribute sg at GC a few weeks ago and fell in love! For some reason i only like the looks of the sg's with the small block inlays. When i save up some cash i might grab one...
    Originally posted by fu2jobu"1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. "FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782

Comment

here's mine built in Alameda County CA by an unkown luthier some time in the 80's

GUITARS:
      Fender MIM Standard Strat
      Hand Made SG Replica
      Epiphone DOT Studio
      Westbury Standard
      Cort X-5
      New Dawn Signature Prototype
      Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
      Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
      AMPS:
      Crate VC3112
      Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

Mmmmmm, SG-ey!!!

Most of mine:

I also have two actual Gibsons, an 88 SG-62, and a real 63 Junior! Both project status. -Adam
        Originally Posted by nicholai

He seems to like bacon a lot......

Originally Posted by Luigi

Jesus probably doesn't love everyone, especially ****************************s. He probably wants to punch them but He won't. That's what makes him Jesus.

Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie

...we should be talking about the national debt, the number of incarcerated citizens in this country(the prison industrial complex), the military industrial complex, the so called war on drugs and corporations/banks that are running over people and buying our politicians...

Comment

i have the same case. its really nice with the contrasting white interior, of course I keep a Tele in it. SGs sans hardcase=ticking fail bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by bsman
          View Post

just got her last night, so it's too soon to make a rational evaluation, but so far, all signs point to

stuff:
          52RI Tele
          Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
          more stuff:
          65 Twin Reverb Reissue
          Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WilmerTheWhite
            View Post

That's a nice one. What year is it?

thank you, WtW! it's a '62. don't you have a similar one from either '61 or '62?
            INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

I've been playing my white 1988 SG Special II a bit lately, it's really got a great feel. It has an ebony fretboard, I changed out a lot of the hardware cause it was kind of crumby but the body, neck and frets are top notch:

I also have my first good guitar, bought it new back around 1972, it's also been modded over the years:

with the volute:

http://www.myspace.com/399453211

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=276061

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nails

Comment

Love em....

1989 Gibson SG
                Eleven Rack

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane
                  View Post

thank you, WtW! it's a '62. don't you have a similar one from either '61 or '62?

Yes, mine

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by orourke
                    View Post

I also have my first good guitar, bought it new back around 1972, it's also been modded over the years:

with the volute:

I learned to play on one of these!

I seem to recall an LP style pickguard though. And I did put a DiMarzio SD in the bridge and removed the cover from the neck pup.

Was a great axe to learn on for a little kid that couldn't really shoulder something big and heavy.
                    "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

My Bigsbyfied Epi Faded Cherry model. I love the satin finish and neck binding on this guitar. Pickups are the Entwistle HV-58's with Mojotone raw nickel covers...

SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WilmerTheWhite
                        View Post

Yes, mine
                        INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

My SG Faded. I got the vibrola from DCinDC, added some covers and gave my wife permission to use it as a canvas.

Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

I've had two Gibson SGs but flipped both of them for a profit. I have a nice upgraded Jr that I recently refinished and an LTD that I Junior-ized.

I also like to sort of split the difference with LP DCs. I've had two Gibsons and have three Ibanez of that ilk.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

HC GREAT WHITE OUT SURVIVOR 2012 , RIP those that didnt make it.

Rutles meet them , know them , love them , touch them
                              http://www.rutles.org/rstory.html
                              QUOTE=midnightlaundry Your ****************************, no help reply is exactly why I hate this board.
                              Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

Watch out, there are some terribly bothersome trolls around here.

Comment

Love 'em. I just bought a 1992 ebony black one. Here are some pics :

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ase-%281992%29

BTW do you know which pickups are in that year's model (Gibson SG Special) ?
                                "The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it" (Fruteland Jackson)

"You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience" (anonymous)

Comment

Working...
                                X