Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOTD 8-28-13

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOTD 8-28-13

    Echopark '59 Deluxe

    http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55893/4\_\_89838.1362006083.1280.1280.jpg

    http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55894/5\_\_04520.1362006085.1280.1280.jpg

    http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55891/2\_\_40842.1362006081.1280.1280.jpg

    Courtesy of Chicago Music Exchange:

    Echopark is Gabriel Currie, a custom handmade guitar maker from Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA. Gabriel worked for and learned from legendary guitar inventors Leo Fender at G&L Guitar Company and Tak Hosono at Hosono Guitar Works before starting Echopark Guitars.   

    The '59 is Echopark's homage to the definitive era in guitar making history.
    Combining the best elements of the '58 Special and the '59 Junior into a model that is nothing less than a tribute to two legendary American made instruments.

    • One piece, lightweight slab Equatorial Mahogany body - thickness: 1 7/8"
    • Equatorial Mahogany "long tenon" neck
    • One piece korina neck (back), medium '59 "D" profile
    • Rosewood Fingerboard
    • Dimensions: nut 1 11/16" & heel: 2 1/4"
    • First thickness @ .095 5th, .098 9th, .105 14th
    • Black matte pickguard
    • 6mm mop inlay dot position markers
    • Hand-cut bone nut
    • Bamboo side markers
    • Dunlop "155" fret wire, Jescar medium jumbo fret wire
    • 12" radius
    • 3/32" head plate
    • Tuners: vintage black button "tulip" tuners
    • Bridge: TonePros AVT2, "aged nickel" vintage style wrap around aluminum with steel studs/bushings
    • Pickups: Echopark '59 P-90 dogear in the bridge position, Echopark '63 mini humbucker in the neck position
    • Electronics: Custom CTS 500k long shaft pots, PI0 tone cap, .022pf .033pf .047pf .05pf, switchcraft jack, three-position switchcraft , cloth "pull back" wire, nickel shielding
    • Finish: Vintage Vanguard Burst Red Mahogany three tone burst on neck. Available colors include: red mahogany, 2 tone burst, T-bird green, Cadillac green, TV yellow,
      Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

  • #2

    Sorry ,i never cared much for that body style

    Comment


    • BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

      I dig it, although I'm not a mini-humbucker fan.  I'd rather have a P90 in the neck.  No way I'd pay the asking price, but I'm sure it plays and sounds great - hot.


  • #3

    Is it wrong to say I'd prefer to shop for 10, $350.00 guitars, before I purchased that ?

     

    I bet ya it's wicked pissa 

    Trooper #179. Epiphone Sorrento 50th ann. reissue, Riviera P93 (wine red, black pearl, gold), Wildkat, ES-355, SG 400, Dot Studio, ES-335 Pro, LP Standard Pro+, LP Junior , EL-00, Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet w/Bigsby, Squier Affinity Strat, Deluxe Stratocaster, Affinity Tele, Greco electric double cut, Gibson LPJ, Les Paul Special Humbucker, Montaya LP, Regal Duolian RC-2, Marcus Martini A mandolin, Valencia A electric mandolin, Savannah F mandolin, Maestro mando-caster, Ktone F mandolin, Stella 12 string acoustic, Hondo H-320, Yamaha F325, Rogue 6 string lap steel, Warmouth P bass, Vox Amplug AC30 and cabinet, Mini 3 G2, AromA mini recording amp, Digitech Whammy V5 and MIDI controller, T C Electronic Transition and Flashback loopers, Boss Distortion DS-1, Electro-Harmonics Ravish sitar simulator w/ 2 MOOG expression pedals, Epiphone tweed mini, studio acoustic 15C, Fender Mustang II V1 w/footswitch, Mustang Mini, Passport Mini, GDEC 3-30 w/4 button footswitch, Mustang 3 V2 w/ expression pedal and 4&2 button foot switches, Hiwatt Bulldog 20, Bugera V5 and 2x12 cabinet, Acoustic Lead 20, Marshall G10 MKII, NuX Amp Force, ZOOM G2Nu w/ expression pedal, SoundTech QM802 compact mixer. lol

    Comment


    • Malcolm Ramone
      Malcolm Ramone commented
      Editing a comment

      Is that a homage to the First act headstock also?  -Adam


  • #4
    I like it. It's expensive and I'd probably never buy it, but I like it.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

    Comment


    • #5

      At a third of that price I might buy one, even if I think the tone knob is in a pretty awkward spot.

       

      Comment


      • slideroni
        slideroni commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally want. Nice thick neck. Now I just need to rob a bank.

    • #6

      like it a lot

      Comment


      • #7

        Cool guitar. I had a Les Paul Goldtop with minis ( Deluxe?). Wish I still had it.

        Comment


        • #8
          Well that's a darn ugly guitar, and $3500 is rather a lot of cash, especially considering it's half reliced and half not. Might sound fabulous, but it's never going to sell on looks.
          http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

          Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

          WTB Emi Ramrod

          Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

          Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

          Comment


          • tim gueguen
            tim gueguen commented
            Editing a comment

            Ancient Mariner wrote:
            Well that's a darn ugly guitar, and $3500 is rather a lot of cash, especially considering it's half reliced and half not. Might sound fabulous, but it's never going to sell on looks.

            Nothing relicced on that guitar.  It has a sunburst finish on the neck.


        • #9

          Here is Phil X playing an Echopark El Cabillo loaded with an Arcane P90 Phil X pickup. He's plugged into a Satellite Atom. The tone is pure rock and roll. Johnny Depp owns this guitar.

          Here's Johnny Depp with an Echopark Ghetto Bird.
          JD Echopark.jpg

          Here's an interview with guitar builder Gabe Currie owner of Echopark Guitars.

          EP gui.jpg

          Attached Files
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter. </font><br />
          <br />
          <font size="1">I reserve the right to change my decisions at anytime.</font></div>

          Comment


          • liko
            liko commented
            Editing a comment

            Visconti wrote:

            Here's Johnny Depp with an Echopark Ghetto Bird.

            JD Echopark.jpg


            I keep forgetting that Depp is an insanely talented guitarist. Nice axe; kind of "back to basics" other than the shape, fits the classic rock genre well.

            Attached Files

        • #10
          I'm sure many people have used cheap guitars on record. Everything is rack/PC modeling and ProTools tricks anyway these days.

          On tour? Maybe cheap guitars are less reliable. But you don't need to drop $3k for a reliable guitar.

          I like thr Echoparks that I've seen. They're like Gibsons for people with deeper pockets.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

          Comment


          • Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

            kayd mon, head over to Youtube and watch the Premier Guitar Rig Rundown videos.
            One of the videos is about Joe Don Rooney rig from Rascal Flats. On the road he takes 3 Bogner Ecstasy amps. Those amps cost $13,000 just for the amps. Then you'll see his guitars.

            I have a cheap Carvin Bolt I leave out all the time and I like the way it sounds unplugged, but once it's plugged into an amp it sounds thin like a $350 dollar guitar and I would never use it on a recording.

            So what's so special about Echopark guitars? They're built like 17th century Antonio Stradivari Stradivarius violin that's currently worth more than a million dollars.


        • #11
          I've watched many rig rundown videos. Just because successful musicians often have expensive gear doesn't mean it's required. Lots of people use relatively modest gear. Many people don't use $13k guitar amps, for example.

          Also, if you can't intonate your Epi LP, you're not doing it right.
          The Echoparks are nice-looking Gibson clones that have attention to detail and probably sound nice. We should probably just leave it at that.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

          Comment


          • Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

            kayd_mon wrote:
            I've watched many rig rundown videos. Just because successful musicians often have expensive gear doesn't mean it's required. Lots of people use relatively modest gear. Many people don't use $13k guitar amps, for example.

            Also, if you can't intonate your Epi LP, you're not doing it right.
            The Echoparks are nice-looking Gibson clones that have attention to detail and probably sound nice. We should probably just leave it at that.

            How much attention to placement of frets, level of frets and fret dressing do you think is paid to an Epi compared to an Echopark?

            It's in the details for why a guitar cost what it does.


        • #12
          I'm not trying to rag on your company here, I'm just saying that it's not absolutely necessary to have uber expensive gear. Also, whether or not the frets are better on an Echopark or an Epi, it's just false that Epis (and many other modestly-priced guitars) can't have spot-on intonation. They can. Maybe not always from the factory, but setting intonation isn't like splitting atoms.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

          Comment


          • Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

            kayd_mon wrote:
            I'm not trying to rag on your company here, I'm just saying that it's not absolutely necessary to have uber expensive gear. Also, whether or not the frets are better on an Echopark or an Epi, it's just false that Epis (and many other modestly-priced guitars) can't have spot-on intonation. They can. Maybe not always from the factory, but setting intonation isn't like splitting atoms.

            My company? lol

            I like a few Epiphones. The guitars like the John Lennon because It's made in the Gibson custom shop.

            I know how to intonate guitars. Damn I've been playing for decades. Any guitars made in China are the inexpensive guitars and they outsell the American guitars because they don't cost alot. The problem is they build them as fast as possible and there's not a lot of quality control. Therefore it is hard to get them to intonate good enough for a recording session.


        • #13
          Sorry, I figured it was your company since you're so hardcore about them, what with digging up this thread and all.

          Again, if you can't intonate your average Epiphone, you're not doing it right.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

          Comment


          • Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

            kayd_mon wrote:
            Sorry, I figured it was your company since you're so hardcore about them, what with digging up this thread and all.

            Again, if you can't intonate your average Epiphone, you're not doing it right.

            Any company that spends time on frets is going to build guitars that intonate properly.

             

            Echopark, Kauer and Thorn come to mind. Fender and Gibson too. Epi is in the same class as Washburn and Samick.


        • #14

          kayd\_mon wrote:

          Echopark '59 Deluxe

          http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55893/4\_\_89838.1362006083.1280.1280.jpg

          http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55894/5\_\_04520.1362006085.1280.1280.jpg

          http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55891/2\_\_40842.1362006081.1280.1280.jpg

          Courtesy of Chicago Music Exchange:

          Echopark is Gabriel Currie, a custom handmade guitar maker from Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA. Gabriel worked for and learned from legendary guitar inventors Leo Fender at G&L Guitar Company and Tak Hosono at Hosono Guitar Works before starting Echopark Guitars.   

          The '59 is Echopark's homage to the definitive era in guitar making history.
          Combining the best elements of the '58 Special and the '59 Junior into a model that is nothing less than a tribute to two legendary American made instruments.

          • One piece, lightweight slab Equatorial Mahogany body - thickness: 1 7/8"
          • Equatorial Mahogany "long tenon" neck
          • One piece korina neck (back), medium '59 "D" profile
          • Rosewood Fingerboard
          • Dimensions: nut 1 11/16" & heel: 2 1/4"
          • First thickness @ .095 5th, .098 9th, .105 14th
          • Black matte pickguard
          • 6mm mop inlay dot position markers
          • Hand-cut bone nut
          • Bamboo side markers
          • Dunlop "155" fret wire, Jescar medium jumbo fret wire
          • 12" radius
          • 3/32" head plate
          • Tuners: vintage black button "tulip" tuners
          • Bridge: TonePros AVT2, "aged nickel" vintage style wrap around aluminum with steel studs/bushings
          • Pickups: Echopark '59 P-90 dogear in the bridge position, Echopark '63 mini humbucker in the neck position
          • Electronics: Custom CTS 500k long shaft pots, PI0 tone cap, .022pf .033pf .047pf .05pf, switchcraft jack, three-position switchcraft , cloth "pull back" wire, nickel shielding
          • Finish: Vintage Vanguard Burst Red Mahogany three tone burst on neck. Available colors include: red mahogany, 2 tone burst, T-bird green, Cadillac green, TV yellow,
            Attached Files

          Comment


          • Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

            gardo wrote:

            kayd\_mon wrote:

            Echopark '59 Deluxe

            http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55893/4\_\_89838.1362006083.1280.1280.jpg

            http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55894/5\_\_04520.1362006085.1280.1280.jpg

            http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server800/c0f00/products/18029/images/55891/2\_\_40842.1362006081.1280.1280.jpg

            Courtesy of Chicago Music Exchange:

            Echopark is Gabriel Currie, a custom handmade guitar maker from Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA. Gabriel worked for and learned from legendary guitar inventors Leo Fender at G&L Guitar Company and Tak Hosono at Hosono Guitar Works before starting Echopark Guitars.   

            The '59 is Echopark's homage to the definitive era in guitar making history.
            Combining the best elements of the '58 Special and the '59 Junior into a model that is nothing less than a tribute to two legendary American made instruments.

            • One piece, lightweight slab Equatorial Mahogany body - thickness: 1 7/8"
            • Equatorial Mahogany "long tenon" neck
            • One piece korina neck (back), medium '59 "D" profile
            • Rosewood Fingerboard
            • Dimensions: nut 1 11/16" & heel: 2 1/4"
            • First thickness @ .095 5th, .098 9th, .105 14th
            • Black matte pickguard
            • 6mm mop inlay dot position markers
            • Hand-cut bone nut
            • Bamboo side markers
            • Dunlop "155" fret wire, Jescar medium jumbo fret wire
            • 12" radius
            • 3/32" head plate
            • Tuners: vintage black button "tulip" tuners
            • Bridge: TonePros AVT2, "aged nickel" vintage style wrap around aluminum with steel studs/bushings
            • Pickups: Echopark '59 P-90 dogear in the bridge position, Echopark '63 mini humbucker in the neck position
            • Electronics: Custom CTS 500k long shaft pots, PI0 tone cap, .022pf .033pf .047pf .05pf, switchcraft jack, three-position switchcraft , cloth "pull back" wire, nickel shielding
            • Finish: Vintage Vanguard Burst Red Mahogany three tone burst on neck. Available colors include: red mahogany, 2 tone burst, T-bird green, Cadillac green, TV yellow,
              Attached Files
        Working...
        X