• Show
Clear All

• Fender Blacktop Jaguar B90

Does this kick ass or what?

-
    Spam:
    FS: none
    I'm a GOLD TRADER
    Good deals: rusholmeruffian, rrancani, JohnnyRaincheck, mhn433, super56k, wagdog, cratz2, rxkid75, teletaylor
    Shamelessness: I do illustration & graphic design by commission, check my blogfolio: -- Matt White's Art --

IlI

Attached Files

Comment

• Marko
      Marko commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I like Jags, and that

I wish it had all the Jaguar features like the whammy and the switching options, but yeah, it's pretty kickass.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• mschafft
      mschafft commented
      Editing a comment

I does indeed kick some ass. Not a fan of the shorter scale personnally though.

What's the B90 for? Do you mean P90s?

Eh. Looks cool but lacks what I think really makes a Jag a Jag - the pickups and the trem.

Comment

Aside from shape and scale there's nothing left that makes it a jaguar. Still cool though since Fender's offerings of P90 guitars is somewhat slim.

Comment

• twotimingpete
        twotimingpete commented
        Editing a comment

Tone Deaf wrote:
        Aside from shape and scale there's nothing left that makes it a jaguar. Still cool though since Fender's offerings of P90 guitars is somewhat slim.

You say that as if shape and scale aren't defining characteristics of a jaguar, especially considering the vast majority of fender's lineup is 25.5 scale. Only the jaguar and mustang aren't, as far as I know.

• 6down1togo
        6down1togo commented
        Editing a comment

Tone Deaf wrote:

Silly. If it's not a Jaguar, then what is it? An SG? A Les Paul?

The shape of the body defines the guitar. It's a freaking Jaguar with 2 P90's. How hard is that to accept?

To me, the scale and shape are enough to make it a Jaguar. I just like the switching options on the classic design, and I also like that whammy system.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

@Tone Deaf
        I think that defining a guitar by its shape makes the most sense. After all, most models come with a few different pickup configs. This B90 here would either be a Jazzmaster or a Jaguar, depending on its scale. As it is 24", it's a Jag.

Comment

Just scored one of these. Killer little guitar.
          The P90s are a bit different than your typical Gibson type. Maybe on account of the alder/maple build or maybe the pickups. Not sure but it definitely has more "Fender" sound than a typical LP Special or the like.
          Excellent playability. The three way switch on mine is a bit wonky and needs replaced. I guess that's what you get on $500 MIM Fenders, eh?
          The woodwork is nice, finish looks good but appears to be sprayed and unbuffed. I see a little orange peel on it. Decent fretwork and the neck finish is good.
          The only real complaint I have is that it needs a but more neck angle for the tune o matic bridge to have enough break angle. I may need to shim it up a little.
          I see Musician's Friend is selling them at $400 now. Pretty good deal for this, IMO.
          If you're a Fender guy but would like something that sounds more Gibson-like, this may be a good option for you.
          We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• Engl Kramer
            Engl Kramer commented
            Editing a comment

Elias Graves wrote:
            The P90s are a bit different than your typical Gibson type. Maybe on account of the alder/maple build or maybe the pickups. Not sure but it definitely has more "Fender" sound than a typical LP Special or the like.
            Excellent playability. The three way switch on mine is a bit wonky and needs replaced. I guess that's what you get on $500 MIM Fenders, eh?
            The woodwork is nice, finish looks good but appears to be sprayed and unbuffed. I see a little orange peel on it. Decent fretwork and the neck finish is good.
            The only real complaint I have is that it needs a but more neck angle for the tune o matic bridge to have enough break angle. I may need to shim it up a little.
            I see Musician's Friend is selling them at $400 now. Pretty good deal for this, IMO.
            If you're a Fender guy but would like something that sounds more Gibson-like, this may be a good option for you.

Pics?

• DaleH
            DaleH commented
            Editing a comment

Elias Graves wrote:

HNGD

I think a bigsby on a black one would look bitch'n

HNGD EG!

Comment

Thanks. One thing I did notice that carries over from the original is the long distance between the bridge and tailpiece. It's a lot further away than your typical Gibson.
            I wondered why but then noticed on the originals that it's the same way.

Comment

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/ElijahGardener/media/BAFDE274-8157-47D7-99A9-FFDDEDC576F1_zpsgaefmc3h.jpg.html][/URL]

Comment

HNGD!

Comment

That link isn't working for me EG - not sure if its me (windows phone)

Comment

Engl Kramer Engl Kramer Super Contributor
                  Dec 18
                  That link isn't working for me EG - not sure if its me (windows phone)
                  Add Comment
                  Kudo 0

Sorry, man. This forum software is jacked. I have no way of posting a pic from my iPhone. Here's a direct link.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z352/ElijahGardener/BAFDE274-8157-47D7-99A9-FFDDEDC576F1_zpsgaefmc3h.jpg

Comment

6down1togo 6down1togo Super Contributor
                  Dec 18

Bucksstudent wrote:
                  6down1togo wrote:

Tone Deaf wrote:

Silly. If it's not a Jaguar, then what is it? An SG? A Les Paul?
                  The shape of the body defines the guitar. It's a freaking Jaguar with 2 P90's. How hard is that to accept?
                  Because the original Jaguar is almost a totally different guitar. When Squier released a Jazzmaster without the rhythm circuit and trem, it wasn't really the same guitar apart from the shape and pickups. Part of the reason many JM players get a JM is because of those features. Half of the JM allure is the trem system and how distortion affects the harmonics.
                  Fender has put out several incarnations of the Jaguar. I mean, when you see a Strat with two humbuckers, it kinda defeats the purpose of calling it a Strat beyond the body shape. It's the same with the Jaguar.

But, that's just my opinion. No need to get up in arms about it.

OK you win, it's an SG Classic with a Fender Jaguar body and neck, not a Jaguar.

I'd call it more a Fender twist on a Les Paul Special.

Comment

Working...
                  X