Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Restoration Project- HCEG Black Top!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive done a TON of wood repair building finishing and refinishing, litterally acres of surface area, but we are mostly talking about wooden boats. I do know my way around a shop and musical instruments, BUT.... Meandi would be a far better choice for your piece of mind for this project. Plus I make alot of promises I am sincere about, but always get bogged down in too many projects. I got a dozen or so guitar projects laying around right now. If you couldnt find anyone to do it, I STILL would have done it for you.

Anyway, Meandi would be MY first choice too. Cant wait to see the thing in action. By the way, I am going to steal the idea for that Les Paul's color combination because it is AWESOME looking!!! Cant wait to see it finished. That Black top with the natural sides, back, neck, etc is just pure class.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow
      View Post

Ive done a TON of wood repair building finishing and refinishing, litterally acres of surface area, but we are mostly talking about wooden boats. I do know my way around a shop and musical instruments, BUT.... Meandi would be a far better choice for your piece of mind for this project. Plus I make alot of promises I am sincere about, but always get bogged down in too many projects. I got a dozen or so guitar projects laying around right now. If you couldnt find anyone to do it, I STILL would have done it for you.

Anyway, Meandi would be MY first choice too. Cant wait to see the thing in action. By the way, I am going to steal the idea for that Les Paul's color combination because it is AWESOME looking!!! Cant wait to see it finished. That Black top with the natural sides, back, neck, etc is just pure class.

i never knew you had the skills like that; guess i have to pay more attention around here. I've heard back from meandi and it's a go for June, so we will be seeing a Les Paul thread. now just need someone to do the Blacktop. And i completely agree, it's a very classy combo, indeed!
      INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

Add gold hardware on that, it would look cooler and classier...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by dimibetan
          View Post

Add gold hardware on that, it would look cooler and classier...

wat
          We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.

Comment

Shoot a PM to Ryan Trevisol, him and his dad are pretty good finishers.
            Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by noize
              View Post

wat

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum
                View Post

Shoot a PM to Ryan Trevisol, him and his dad are pretty good finishers.

good suggestion~ thank you!
                INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

I'm extremely flattered by the reference! We actually have a black nitro guitar in process now, it's had all its coats of color and clear (5 and 4, it's a thin-skin), now it's curing for the final buff. I'll post up a pic, though it'll have the soft orange peel that the final clear coats tend to have.

In any event, let me confer with Trevisol the Elder, and I'll get back to you!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Trevisol
                    View Post

I'm extremely flattered by the reference! We actually have a black nitro guitar in process now, it's had all its coats of color and clear (5 and 4, it's a thin-skin), now it's curing for the final buff. I'll post up a pic, though it'll have the soft orange peel that the final clear coats tend to have.

In any event, let me confer with Trevisol the Elder, and I'll get back to you!

PM sent~ I think we're nearing the finish line! this is very exciting...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane
                      View Post

PM sent~ I think we're nearing the finish line! this is very exciting...

No doubt! I can't wait for pics... I just drooled a little thinking about it...
                      Live Rig:
                      Gretsch Tenny and Gibson SG Classic -> Some neat effects -> Peavey Classic 50 410 and/or Marshall JTM60 310
                      Need an exceptionally cheap sound guy in the general Western Pennsylvania area? PM Me.
                      Do you like Free Candy? Yeah? Then like my band!
                      Had a good trade/transaction/deal? Click here to tell HCEG about it!
                      Proud to be 1st Lieutenant in the SG Army Special Forces

Comment

Glad things are lining up for you.

I was wondering why you decided to re-finish the top. I know that there will be the big patch from the Kahler, but I can't help but think back to all of the great guitars that we love because they show the battle scars of their lives. It's almost a shame to have plastic surgery on this one so young.

The black top will look nice though, no doubt.
                        Good Deals - BlackHatHunter, vexed73, Shamdog, sa1126, Doctor Morbius, Tweedledee, RitalinCupcake, CompleteGuitard, Metal0822, lfrz93, deadanddreaming, Billy Dee, jigowatt, jcameronk2, Steve_man, orangesix, Zuzuman, BryanFTL, finboy, IBDBB (x2), Mike Fiasco, Posh1227, Woody_in_MN, finboy, FarToMany, kojdogg, Fusion1, dcindc, fulcrumpoint, live-I-evil, Deadbeat Son, Teletaylor, Mr Goodbomb, Firebrand, Jse, bdhn, Lonnie99(x2), jjegg

Comment

Hey, 9-Pin!

i'm looking to have the entire guitar refin'd as what I call a "black top"; gloss black top with honey-stained back and sides; like a gold top, but with black instead. the original finish on this Deluxe was never doing it for me; I have some wine red guitars that i think are dead-sexy, but this one ain't it. i think the new look will be awesome, and i've always wanted a blacktop.

i've got all the hardware and a set of creme P90s and she's going to be a killer when all is completed!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane
                            View Post

Hey, 9-Pin!

i'm looking to have the entire guitar refin'd as what I call a "black top"; gloss black top with honey-stained back and sides; like a gold top, but with black instead. the original finish on this Deluxe was never doing it for me; I have some wine red guitars that i think are dead-sexy, but this one ain't it. i think the new look will be awesome, and i've always wanted a blacktop.

From the pic title this is an 81 deluxe in Wine?
                            Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

No, it's just the folder in his website where he stored the pics of how he wants it to look.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Trevisol
                                View Post

No, it's just the folder in his website where he stored the pics of how he wants it to look.

Aaaaah, so did Gibson produce a Blacktop?

Comment

Working...
                                X