X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dearmond Jetstar?

Does anyone have experience with these? I saw some pics the other day, and even though I know I needed to curtail my guitar related spending, it revved up my GAS levels to an all time painful high! I really want a red set neck one with Goldtones in it. Does anyone have experience with these? If you got pics of them, I'd definitely love it.

Even better, if you have one to sell, I'll possibly buy it from you or trade for it. I've got a Tokai Love Rock ('59 style with a BG PUF in the bridge), a modded Epi G-400 (Alpine White with BG Buckers, allparts Maestro and Gotoh Vintage locking tuners) and a Jay Turser Hawk 12 electric (sort of a rick' style guitar, but much wider neck.)
    WTB: Menatone PiG OD Pedal

Good deals with: reprove, Weathered, mitre

they are very nice and rare guitars, especially if they have the goldtone pickups! grab it! Brian Krashpad has one so you'll probably hear from him...
    SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

I have a moon blue one the neck are like a 50's LP and the Goltone pickups sound like firebird mini humbucker.

Comment

Where were you about a month ago? I had a red Jetstar w/Goldtones, set neck and OSCH listed here on HC for sale or trade. No bites. I was asking $350. I finally traded local for an Epi Sheraton.
        It was a very good sounding guitar but a little heavy.

Comment

Where were you about a month ago? I had a red Jetstar w/Goldtones, set neck and OSCH listed here on HC for sale or trade. No bites. I was asking $350. I finally traded local for an Epi Sheraton.
          It was a very good sounding guitar but a little heavy.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I didn't know how much they were going for, but that's WAY less than I thought. I would have bought that outright.

What were your thoughts on the guitar? Quality? Good tone? Any old pics?

To be honest my guitar-lust changes subjects fairly frequently. One week it's a Gibson SG Standard, then a '61 reissue, then a Kay Jazz II reissue now a Dearmond Jetstar. It's a curse.

Comment

I dig DeArmond's. I don't have a Jetstar but do have a X155. The Goldtone pickups sound heavenly.
            Originally Posted by customtele

And I hate it when my G string goes up my ass.

Comment

The one that got away.
              Good quality build. Korean. Possibly Samick, I don't know for sure. Pups were American made and sounded quite good. Think bright PAF.

Comment

The one that got away.
                Good quality build. Korean. Possibly Samick, I don't know for sure. Pups were American made and sounded quite good. Think bright PAF.

Gah! I suck at life! I would have bought that in a heartbeat! OH THE GAS PAINS!

Comment

The original Guild Thunderbird, on which the DeA Jetstar was modeled, was even cooler...
                  http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-9975-1965-Guild-Thunderbird

The original Guild Jetstar was a stripped down "junior" model.
                  http://www.artichokeguitars.com/published/our_collection/dat/jetstar50_body_b.jpg
                  "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." (Edward Gibbon)

"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook." (Alan Morgan)

"Guitar Forums FAQ's: Why Not?"

Eagle River Manifesto on religion.

Troll-Alt-Delete

Comment

The original Guild Thunderbird, on which the DeA Jetstar was modeled, was even cooler...
                    http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-9975-1965-Guild-Thunderbird

The original Guild Jetstar was a stripped down "junior" model.
                    http://www.artichokeguitars.com/published/our_collection/dat/jetstar50_body_b.jpg

Holy crap! A built in guitar stand? That's crazy cool.

Listen...

Comment

Had one, sold it when I bought my first Les Paul, thinking that I didn't need another humbucker guitar, realized that I missed it and bought another one. Like others, I really like the GoldTone pickups. I also like the "Gumby on acid" shape, although many don't.
                      Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or www.thedextercast.com. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.

Comment

The stand in the back is why most of them had broken Headstocks.

Comment

http://jose.gs/wp-content/uploads/muddywaters1.jpg
                          "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." (Edward Gibbon)

"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook." (Alan Morgan)

"Guitar Forums FAQ's: Why Not?"

Eagle River Manifesto on religion.

Troll-Alt-Delete

Comment

Awesome stuff guys! I was definitely aware of the Guild Thunderbird, not big on the original Guild Jetstar though.

I want that Dearmond Jetstar SO BAD! SO MUCH G.A.S.!

Comment

I seriously... seriously... SERIOUSLY want one of these. I've scoured the internet, this forum, other forums, countless craigslist sites all over the country and nary a Jetstar is to be had.

If someone out there makes a suggestion, provides a link, knows a person selling one, etc. that directly leads me to owning one of these Jetstars (in excellent condition), I will be FOREVER grateful. I'm even toying with a $20 Paypal reward to the person who directly is responsible for me owning one of these. (Limit 1, I'm not made of money you know...)

Comment

Working...
                              X