No announcement yet.

[NPD] Boss FZ-5

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NPD] Boss FZ-5

Haven't had time to crank it yet but it sounds really good, much better than I anticipated. The Fuzz Face and Maestro modes are killer, and I will most likely have it parked in the Fuzz Face mode, the Ocatavia is very cool but I probably won't be using it much.

http://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/

Very cool. HNPD!

Believe it or not, I've never tried one.

How many modes does it have Travis?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
      Very cool. HNPD!

Believe it or not, I've never tried one.

How many modes does it have Travis?
      I hadn't heard it either until just a few days ago. I've honestly always heard bad things about it but I think it sounds killer! Its got 3 modes, Fuzz Face, Maestro and Octavia. I want to do a demo of it here soon but work has been really busy lately. Maybe Sunday I can get some clips up.

Comment

Originally posted by travisbrowning View Post

I hadn't heard it either until just a few days ago. I've honestly always heard bad things about it but I think it sounds killer! Its got 3 modes, Fuzz Face, Maestro and Octavia. I want to do a demo of it here soon but work has been really busy lately. Maybe Sunday I can get some clips up.
        Cool - I look forward to hearing it!

Do you know which Maestro it's modeling? Is it the FZ-1 or FZ-1A?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Cool - I look forward to hearing it!

Do you know which Maestro it's modeling? Is it the FZ-1 or FZ-1A?
          I'm not sure, but it sounds a hell of a lot like Satisfaction so I'm thinking whatever that one was.

Been playing with this thing as often as I can get just haven't had much time lately. Tomorrow I will get to use it at band practice and really open it up, I'll try to get a quick recording of it then and Thursday I have the day off so I'll sit down and do an actual demo.

Comment

I'm not sure, but it sounds a hell of a lot like Satisfaction so I'm thinking whatever that one was.
            Keith Richards used an original Maestro FZ-1 on Satisfaction. Of the two, it's the more desirable / valuable version on the vintage market.

Been playing with this thing as often as I can get just haven't had much time lately. Tomorrow I will get to use it at band practice and really open it up, I'll try to get a quick recording of it then and Thursday I have the day off so I'll sit down and do an actual demo.

- George Carlin

Comment

yeah, they pan it pretty hard over on tgp. it's like 5th gen cosm modeling or so by now. line 6, atomic, axefx, & kemper are getting pretty good at it too. (i have a source audio kingmaker in the mail)

hnpd, glad it's working for you

Last edited by dweebking; 03-13-2018, 10:36 AM.
              Evolution: ”The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun.”

"in a couple centuries, when people finally appreciate my genius, you can all kiss my ..." - vincent van gogh

Comment

Sounds pretty good in this demo.

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
                  Sounds pretty good in this demo.

The first and last settings sounded pretty good to me, but I wasn't knocked out by the middle one. YMMV.

I really wish GIbson would re-issue the Maestro FZ-1 again. I should have bought one the last time the did. I've been kind of kicking myself for not doing so...

I used to have a Tycobrahe Octavia, but I didn't really like it and gave it away. That was before the prices skyrocketed on them. There's a couple on Reverb right now for $3,500.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                  X