Using a pedal in more than one loop

Mooksters

• Members

Hello, everyone. I'm a not-so-newbie with a pretty newbie question. Do any of you know if it's possible to use a pedal-switcher or something of that nature to put a single pedal in more than one loop? What I mean is like this: say you have an overdrive pedal for rhythm. It's good on rhythm. But for lead you like that same pedal BUT with an eq pedal or something or other stacked with it for mids and whatnot. AND maybe you also like that eq pedal with just your clean channel too. Just an example, but I'm sure you guys get the gist. So would one have to buy that same pedal twice? Or is this what a "programmable" pedal-switcher solves? Would it let you stomp on one button for ANY combination of pedals? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Members

The more expensive switches might but a basic manual switch loop pedal wont. You cant wire in the same pedal into two different loops at the same time. If these effects are before and after the drive pedal, you could put the pedal in series with those loops using additional In and out jacks between the other two loops. You could use the before and after loops to switch those effects on, then when those loops are off you have the drive pedal alone and just use its switch to turn it off and on.

• Members
Carl Martin OctaSwitch. Definitely my favorite switcher.

I have a video using it with vintage EHX (below)

I also have an old thread about it

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...la-29/1777274-

I couldn't justify spending $300+ for a multi loop switch like that. It would be nice to have but unless I was playing out all the time Its just more stuff to haul around. I don't even take my full pedal board out any more, I go as minimal as I can just so I don't have to bust my ass packing it up after playing a 4 hour show. I thought about building one of these without all the dip switches http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SzM32SDZGdM/UX_DmZFl5aI/AAAAAAAAFhg/Bp3b9omf8Ds/s1600/TB+Looper+5+with+buffer+and+tuner.png but scaled down to a double loop which is all I needed.

Heres the Carl Martin Video demonstration on it.

• Members

I couldn't justify spending $300+ for a multi loop switch like that. It would be nice to have but unless I was playing out all the time Its just more stuff to haul around. I don't even take my full pedal board out any more, I go as minimal as I can just so I don't have to bust my ass packing it up after playing a 4 hour show.

I can't justify any of my gear. I haven't played out in ages. I'm just an old dude who is living out his teenage home studio fantasies :music005:

• Members

Hello Mooksters,

You should look to Boss LS2 Line Selector # 90$. It handle your dry signal with 2x separate Loops wVolume each ! It will solve your question, the sound is clean, buffered Loops with even upto +8dB Gain

( Very versatile pedal SW+Loops+Mix: i have one for mixing FX // with my direct signal ! )

• Members
Hello Mooksters' date=' You should look to Boss LS2 Line Selector # 90$. It handle your dry signal with 2x separate Loops wVolume each ! It will solve your question, the sound is clean, buffered Loops with even upto +8dB Gain ( Very versatile pedal SW+Loops+Mix: i have one for mixing FX // with my direct signal ! )[/quote'] The BOSS LS-2 is one of my favorite multi-purpose tools, and definitely one of my favorite BOSS pedals. But unless I'm misunderstanding the OP, I don't think it will answer his request. The LS-2 does not have a Mode for A → B → A+B → Bypass , though I've always thought it should have included that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The programmable switchers are cool, but I shy away from getting to techie with my rig... and I'm a tech guy for a living. I heard Robben Ford doesn't even have a cell phone because he believes technology distracts from time and mind better spent focusing on guitar.

I'd just buy the same pedal twice so I can focus on playing and not how my multi effects, loop switcher, etc is programmed. IMHO

Archived