sputterbox: well, that took forever...

• Members

How long have I been working on prototypes of this pedal? Years have passed...

Recently I have been at the workbench for four months straight: rarely playing with my other toys, not going out, just... fine tuning. Late, late nights.

Time to share...

fetch?id=31197533&type=large

fetch?id=31197534&type=full

Not spam: not for sale. I still can't get past the hurdle of CAD or PCB. Just want to share the insanity.

• Members

Thank you sir. I used the most boring drums I had for this demo. This thing sings best with hats, cymbals, toms and big fat bass. It tracks pitch on some of the PLL signals (mainly 3 & 4 without the oscillator) so I can't imagine guitar will sound spectacular, but synths are super fun with it. I played with my pal and partner in crime yesterday and ran his handsonic through it (in our duo I really just exist as an effects tweaker to his drums) and it truly was an effect version of a 303. Then I shifted to the 4th PLL and I was in "Pole" type static heaven. I didn't really realize at the time that it was still mixing in the dry signal from the mixer a bit. Normally there isn't a dry signal unless I push the button on the back. Upon inspection I realize I had a wire crossed. Oops. Will fix. Want to sell. No understanding of PCB printing yet. Yet. Thanks dude.

• Members

I bet some of the rhythmic stuff I do on guitar would sound pretty cool being manipulated by that. I'd also love to hear it mangle some of the sounds I get out of maschine. Definitely post some clips of you jamming with your partner if you get a chance.

• Members

My friend and partner in crime Steve was over: asked him to try out the Sputterbox with his Handsonic. The increase in pitch happens because of his playing... I'm not really tweaking anything (except at the end I turn the input volume up & down)...

Archived