WTF Is Going On Here?

Player99

This forum is better than before. But there should be more than 10 threads per result page and the navigation menu should be repeated at the bottom.

Both are already on the list of things I've requested. :) However, there are bigger fish to fry first, such as not requiring moderator approval for new posts on the OT forums, etc. Please bear with us while we get the kinks worked out over the next several days...

• Members
Please explain the _{censored}ing horse{censored} I had to go through to log in' date=' then this crazy forum. Worst site on the entire internet.[/quote']

There was a vB bug for log in that was causing this issue. Even some people were getting a crazy screen stating that they had to pay for a subscription. WHAT?

We are being told that the bug was de-bugged and that it is back to normal. We are testing this now. I apologize that you had to go through that.

We are working on a list 32 items long (so far) of things that need fixed or tweaked.

Lithium used a different permissions call than vB so some of these things are identifying where the differences are and making adjustments. Once we get it dialed in, it should be a much better user experience.

Thanks

D

lol. Lithium was better than this.

You might want to refrain from using the "comment" feature guys... since there's no way to reply to comments, we're going to try to remove that - it's just confusing and breaks the flow of the thread. It's possible (but by no means certain) that any comments you make via the comment button will be lost when we get rid of that... so again, I ask that you please refrain from using that.

Thanks!

You might want to refrain from using the "comment" feature guys... since there's no way to quote comments, we're going to try to remove that - it's just confusing and breaks the flow of the thread. It's possible (but by no means certain) that any comments you make via the comment button will be lost when we get rid of that... so again, I ask that you please refrain from using that.

Thanks!

As far as the post count issue goes, that's still in flux, since the indexing is still ongoing. After that gets settled, I suspect some of your posts will come back. However, I don't expect all posts for everyone to come back. Anyone who lost posts in the post count issue of '05 and had their count manually adjusted didn't have an actual accurate count that matched the software - it was manually inflated / adjusted. The software at Lithium didn't allow me to manually change counts, but vB does. Once things get stablized, if I need to, I'll do the manual post count adjustments again - but please don't ask me to do that any time in the next 30 days. I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment... but eventually, I will make post count adjustments, and maybe even do custom titles once again when I have time / feel like it / am amused / etc. ;)

We definitely lost some people due to their reaction to Jive, and due to the site slowdowns and other issues we had for months and months prior to the move to Lithium. All I can say is that the people who made those decisions are no longer in place, and their replacements are giving us a lot more say when it comes to what some of us have been requesting for ages - which can be summed up in six words: Give the users what they want. No, you're probably not going to see a change in the swearing rules, or get everything that you guys want (not that we can get universal agreement on that anyway), but as much as possible, we want to give you guys the type of site that you'll enjoy.

Archived