Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Marc Bolan/ T-Rex Fans?

I had my Marc Bolan phase/obsession like maybe 8 years ago. Any fans? I don't see a lot of T-Rex fans out there? Are you there?!

GET IT ON! BANG A GONG! AHW!!

Marc Feld (September 30, 1947

Hell yeah, I love T-Rex.
    If I ever get to the point where I can't even turn my own tuning knobs, someboy please shoot my roadie. - Jeremy Skrenes

Comment

no they woooon't fooool, the children of the revolution aaaha
      http://zeemvel.mybrute.com/
      *SiC Handbuilt Effects & Amps*
      http://www.myspace.com/siceffects

Comment

Originally posted by Thelonius
        Hell yeah, I love T-Rex.

Comment

For the T-Rex sound you need one of these. This is the Jennings version of the Vamp/Vampower amp. Killer cool, tons of gain, huge sweep of the tone controls, and from Mr. "Vox" Jennings.
          We are no longer hitchhiking, we're riding!

www.plush-amps.com

Member - HCFXSCOC and HCJRAKPOS

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzface71
              20th Century Boy must be one of the heaviest guitar riff and tone ever recorded.

I know. That's up their in my cool heavy guitar list with Bowie's "Queen Bitch," Zep's "Houses of the Holy" and "Wanton Song," the first White Zombie album, and Frankie Valli's "Let's Hang On to What We've Got."

Comment

I love T Rex and also the earlier Tyrannasaurus rex stuff. Unicorn is my favorite of his albums.
                http://personalmessageblog.blogspot.com/
                http://blubberslumber.bandcamp.com/

Comment

i own the Tank album it gets played at least 3 times a week.
                  good deals with Peeling Paint, TJ000, Puckman, Angelhair,T3, Chitown Terror ,hangwire,KjStrat62,
                  senor-penguin,I.P.Freely,Fender&EHX4ever,Gregovertone,Vi cShat,Virex,rdm,tee money,no fate,costch,Phil O'Keefe,fuzzface71,brandnewzo

Comment

present and accounted for.
                    Originally posted by Obvious Troll
                    What you like sucks even harder than what bucket brigadier likes.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzface71
                      20th Century Boy must be one of the heaviest guitar riff and tone ever recorded.

Have you ever seen the live video of that? It has to have the worst solo ever put to tape. That LP was damn cool, though.

Any classic rock fan who loves guitar riffs must go through the T-rex thing. It's cool stuff. I think he was really beloved by other rockers of his time. I bet he partied hard...

Comment

No haven't seen that.
                        And yes...

"Me and my Les Paul. You know I'm small, but I enjoy leaving anyway."
                        -Marc Bolan

Comment

i love listening to trex for his mixes and all the little riffs/ablibs he throughs in...

great stuff......
                          OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Originally posted by danceatron
                            I love T Rex and also the earlier Tyrannasaurus rex stuff. Unicorn is my favorite of his albums.

Love that stuff too! Just the voice, bongos and guitars.

Comment

A lot of his guitars were DI'd straight into the console mic-pres.

Comment

Working...
                              X