Clear All

• Your favourite Mic and why....

Well.......oke:
    www.wilsoneffects.com
    Your Home for Tone

Like Wilson Effects on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilson...ts/37313433388

Originally Posted by woolyh

I thought in the States if someone comes in your home uninvited your legally allowed to kill them to death

Goods Deals with Zygoat, Soma1975, Royal C Johnson,turiguiliano, Frankenstrat86 and ollenorin

Depends what for. SM57 is a great all rounder, especially with a decent pre-amp. Use it on guitars, vocals and snares all the time.
    www.facebook.com/thelostsoulsclub
    www.youtube.com/TheLSCpage
    http://soundcloud.com/the-lost-souls-club

Selling:
    Selling for CHEAP. Make an offer. I'm based in Winchester:
    Marshall 1922
    Marshall 1922
    Marshall 1960 - Empty uncovered cab.
    Marshall JCM800 Basscab 4x10. No tolex. Took it off and never got round to re-covering.
    Heavily gigged Gibson Les Paul Gothic in hard case. Make an offer.

Comment

i really love using Beyer M88s on guitar cabinets. its like an SM57 without a blanket - transparency in the highs/mids and a much phatter bottom. huuuuge!
      Originally Posted by Operator

I wish I could go back in time and punch Floyd Rose in the face.

Comment

Sennheiser 441

... because I SAID SO.

Comment

audio technica ae3000 coupled with a sm57: both together is the most amazing combination for rock amps in large room. The ae gives you a great fullness while the 57 gives you all the definition.

Other notable mics: audix d6, great kick drum mic for heavy rock/metal.

I like sennheiser e604 for toms: easy and usually get a nice tom sound, as long as it's decently tuned.
          Spam:Selling:Nothing.WTB:Catalinbread Merkin FuzzGibson Maestro FZ-1 or amazing clone

Comment

my favorite mic that I have (not a fancy collection at all) is my audio technica at4047. It works on a lot of stuff.

I would love to have a really nice sdc like a neumann km84 or something. I haven't tried enough mics to pick a favorite. I love AKG c414s, but not everyone does.

Comment

For use on myself (mics I own):

Vocals (studio): Soundelux Elux 251
              Vocals (live): Shure Beta 58
              Guitar (studio): Royer R-121 (combined with Shure 57)
              Limited bandwidth mic: Placid Audio Copperphone
              My iTunes

Comment

I use the SM57 for tons of different applications, I love it.
                www.soundcloud.com/lombardy-black
                http://lombardyblack.com/

It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Good Deals with:aporcelainskyx2,Echoes22,OttoMatic,downer01x4 , chuckmoose,Feinberger,Dr.Picklebottom, jeremylp,kbledsoe,I Tell You What,Nateral,benagain, ck3 x2,stratballa,Primakurtzx2,aaronl,LoFiBrian,TomCra y, Jibbs, lfrz93, 9-Pin-Phoenix, RitalinCupcake, JonnyFranchi$e, it's_me_again, theManfromAlabam, tinypants and many, many more!

Comment

I would love to have a really nice sdc like a neumann km84 or something. I haven't tried enough mics to pick a favorite. I love AKG c414s, but not everyone does.

414s on acoustic are gorgeous. they're especially in their element as room mics while tracking drums.
                  Originally Posted by Operator

I wish I could go back in time and punch Floyd Rose in the face.

Comment

1.SM87 or Sennheiser E-series for Vox (SM58 for rough gigs or when sharing) -
                    Both extremely accurate mics (SM87 & E935) and high headroom b4 feedback or distortion. Great for singers with unusual voices and suitable for all ranges.

2. Sennheiser MD 421 or 609 for guitars - Great balanced tone. easy to find the amps sweet spot. Usually coupled with a SM57 in the studio = magic!
                    the 609 works better for live applications. Good noise rejection while retaining tone of ur amp. Not as touchy as a SM57 on stage.

3. And I agree with Devi on the 441!... the upgrade of the MD421.. but I only own the 421 and not the 441...
                    Originally Posted by primeholy

Nothing can get between kirk and his wah.

Comment

For micing amps, Sennheiser e609 is pure win
                      Axes: Les Paul Studio, CP Jazzmaster, CIJ Strat
                      FX: Polytune -> Philosopher's Tone -> Octave Multiplexer -> Script Phase 90 -> Polychorus -> DD-3 -> AC Booster -> SUF Ram's Head -> MJM China Fuzz -> OCD -> drasp DL4
                      Amps: Mesa/Boogie Trem-O-Verb, Sunn Solarus, Jet City JCA5212RC
                      SPAM: Plum Crazy FX fuzz and more!
                      Smooth Dealings

Comment

I'm a singer more than a guitar player, and I love the sound of the NTK on vocals. It also sounds great with acoustic guitar and percussion. I haven't tried it yet with amps or drums, but I'll bet I can make it sound good.

Comment

Another +1 on the SM57. I absolutely prefer it to the 58 for vocals. You can blow the **************** out of that tiny diaphragm and it distorts in a very pleasing way, IMO.
                          Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

SM57 is a great all rounder, use it as a close mic, room mic, vocals, guitar, drums. Sennheiser E609 is a great close mic, use it on vocals sometimes.

Otherwise it's a Green Bullet through a Big Muff or an actual megaphone for dirty vocals.
                            Good deals: Hanglow, ChuckNorris1982, AidyCM

Comment

the ones i use the most are:

AKG C4000B
                              Shure SM57
                              Royer R-122
                              Groove Tubes GT30

if i had to pick a favourite, i'd say the C4000B - it does a great job with every sound source i've tried with it (vocals, various acoustic instruments, percussion) and the look and build quality is exceptional; more than a match for far more expensive mics in my opinion.

Great Deals With: sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky

Comment

Working...
                              X