Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here like animal collective?

just curious were this band stands with the HCFX crowd.

I'm a pretty big fan myself, just got Panda Bear's tomboy.
    I'm aware they aren't the best musicians in the world, but lots of strange sounds. enjoyable live shows.

plus i like this video....

Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Not got round to listening to them myself, but heard lots of good things
    The Black Dove Experiment
    EP Available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify

Comment

Not got round to listening to them myself, but heard lots of good things

they're hit or miss for most people. their latest stuff is a little to dance pop...

Comment

Panda Bear's released better records than Animal Collective.
        Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

I'd rather listen to Dinosaur Feathers.

Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

The vocals are very similar. teeeeeeeeeenaaaaaaageee whoooooooooooooOOOOOOOORe

Everyone goes ape**************** over merriweather but I think it's real patchy
            good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
            soundcloud
            facebook

Comment

I definitely enjoy their older stuff. Merriweather wasn't terrible, maybe a few good songs.

Panda Bear is also great.
              Young Pedal Co.
              www.youngpedals.com

Goodest deals: lord preset, needleTOink, Devinstation, V, wjbratcher, Mr_GoodBomb, 9520575

Comment

hahahah TOM!!!

I'd rather listen to Black Dice.
                Originally Posted by rushfan

They want to be equal, but point out how they are different. That's hypocrisy.

Comment

hahahah TOM!!!

I'd rather listen to Black Dice.

I saw black dice.... Meh.... It was alright I guess.

But dinosaur feathers, bear flag, and whores are on a lot at my house.
                  I like please please george, its grown on me

Comment

I saw black dice.... Meh.... It was alright I guess.

But dinosaur feathers, bear flag, and whores are on a lot at my house.
                    I like please please george, its grown on me

That's funny - once we finished it, I imagined it was the sort of thing that would grate on people rather than grow on them. I'm glad you're in the latter camp.

I like that Animal Collective record Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished - it was the first I heard of theirs. Danse Manatee I'm not so into; Here Comes the Indian is kind of a not-quite-as-good rehash, IMO; Sung Tongs was okay I guess; I ****************ing HATED Feels when it was first released, but that's since been tempered; Strawberry Jam is pretty good; Merriweather, I don't get almost at all.

Creature Comforts by Black Dice, though - that's real good. I enjoyed the Black Dice show I went to (in a classroom at MassArt) waaaayyyy more than I enjoyed the Animal Collective show I went to. Different strokes, I guess.
                    Originally Posted by rushfan

They want to be equal, but point out how they are different. That's hypocrisy.

Comment

Love love love Sung Tongs, Strawberry Jam and Feels. Wasn't that into Merriweather and I've not listened to their earlier stuff. Person Pitch is amazing also. There's been quite a few threads on them I think.

Comment

Do not want.
                        http://spaceexpert.bandcamp.com
                        http://rainandfarewell.bandcamp.com

Comment

My good friend creams his pants when he thinks of AC...

I think they are interesting enough to listen to but they haven't really changed how I listen to music or anything that drastic...
                          FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

I love Person Pitch and MPP. Not too crazy about their older stuff. I realize that isnt the cool thing to say, oh well.

I've been listening to "Last Night on the Jetty" and "Slow Motion" for a month or more now because they were on free downloads. Not bad, but not better than the above mentioned stuff, nor groundbreaking.

Comment

Just for giggles, what are your thoughts on stating that AC is the most original musical outfit to come out during the last 10 years?

I had this argument with the aforementioned friend and had a really difficult time getting across that what they do isn't necessarily the most original thing to come about.

I figured this is as good a place as any to discuss, maybe I am missing the boat on their originality....
                              FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

Working...
                              X