Nashville Peeps: I just found a Brown Recluse spider on my wall/

Edkoppel

• Members

wtf!

brwnrcls.jpg

I knew they were around here, but you still never hope to see one in your own house.

anyone else in the area have experience with these things?

if you don't know about the brown recluse just google it and prepare to vomit at the bite wounds.:freak:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh {censored} no. I had no idea they had them down here. I got bit by one of those {censored}ers over two years ago, and I've still got two fang scars on my ribs that I'm assuming are permanent at this point haha. Seriously, I just woke up one morning, and my ribs hurt really bad, and over the course of a week or so, the skin turned purple, and started oozing. I couldn't pay attention in class because the wound would just throb. We found the body the morning after I got bit though. {censored} those things.

• Members

my freshman year in the dorms in colorado, we were in the TV room and i saw this spider drop down from underneath a table. so i went to inspect and saw it was a black widow--{censored}ing red hourglass and everything. went and got some raid and sprayed that bitch good, but she crawled back up under the table, behind the table leg. so i gave the corner of the table a good dousing of raid--a moment later: a {censored}ing billion little baby black widows come crawing out from under the table. i was stoned as {censored} and {censored} gave me the creeps for a long time.

• Members

my freshman year in the dorms in colorado, we were in the TV room and i saw this spider drop down from underneath a table. so i went to inspect and saw it was a black widow--{censored}ing red hourglass and everything. went and got some raid and sprayed that bitch good, but she crawled back up under the table, behind the table leg. so i gave the corner of the table a good dousing of raid--a moment later: a {censored}ing billion little baby black widows come crawing out from under the table. i was stoned as {censored} and {censored} gave me the creeps for a long time.

woah for serious

• Members

Well, this is the first I've heard of them, but I live next to a ton of trees, so now I'm scared. Thanks a lot, stupid thread! Didn't know you moved here though. How you liking it, other than spiders? Haha.

man, really cool town!

awesome food, cool music, everyone is pretty nice (at least to my face) and there is a ton of stuff to do.

I like it a lot so far.

• Members

I think you're my father :love:

• Members

hairspray + lighter works better...

• Members

hmmm...you sure that's a brown recluse? doesn't look like it to me...can you count the pairs of eyes? if it has 3 pairs of eyes (instead of 4 pairs), then it probably is a brown recluse.

yeah, there are 3 unfortunately...

also this is the first pic that comes up on google, and its almost identical to my little friend:

2061_2.jpg

• Members

yeah, there are 3 unfortunately...

also this is the first pic that comes up on google, and its almost identical to my little friend:

2061_2.jpg

ahhhhh. bummer man. the first pic didn't seem to have that classic violin shape...but the 3 eye pairs are key.

• Members

We've got a bumper crop of Wolf spiders (funnel-web bastards) trying to move into the house right now, as soonas the first colds rains hit. I've taken to walking around with a spare shoe in my hand, smackin those bitches flatter'n {censored} every 10-15 feet. And this is inside.

Down in the barn, they run out of their hidey-holes and take a bite at my hands as I climb the ladder into the hay loft...leather gloves are the only way to go.

Archived