This is just the mockup from warmoth/mspaint, but I have a spare USA maple tele neck that's beautiful but not currently on a body. So, I got to thinking that I love the Jazzmaster body shape and find it extremely comfortable but wasn't a huge fan of the way the tremolo models play. I also have played a friend's vintage tele deluxe and found it to have some of my favorite pickups ever. Add to that my love for Rickenbacker guitars and you get:
Reminiscent of the Tele/dlx:
1. Wide Range Humbucker Reproductions in a standard HB footprint from the Creamery in the UK (love the sound clips and they were surprisingly the most cost effective version I could find even including international shipping). These use 4-conductor wiring so I can do all sorts of rerouting via switches.
2. Hardtail string through bridge style.
3. Tele neck
Inspired by Rickenbacker:
4. Stereo Outputs Available (1 for each pickup).
5. All maple construction (unless you count the skunk stripe)
6. JM Body shape
7. JM Style volume and tone controls
Usual V kookiness:
8. Either coil or both selectable on each humbucker.
9. Probably either series or parallel routing available when splitting up the humbuckers (e.g. send out the inner pair of coils to the second output in parallel and the outer pair in series to the first, etc. etc.)