Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratocasters. Show me yours.

I've always liked Strats. Owned a few cheaper versions. Always liked Teles better. However, I've been on the hunt for a new guitar once I sell this Jazzmaster. I've been playing quite a few hollowbodies and Teles, but yesterday I played a Strat. Wow. I had forgotten about how versatile and comfortable they are. I'm a little worried it might be a bit to bright/thin for rhythm playing though. Anyone playing rhythm with a strat? Show me your strats!

http://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/

Too lazy to post a pic at the moment but I just wanted to say, "I told you so."
    Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â ****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â**** Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â**** Â**** Â**** Â****Â****Â****Â****Â**** Recipient of 1 Kudo: BOTB 2013

Comment

100\_1230.JPG

it workd' for Eddie Van, but if you got the option to go both ways i'm nearly certain they desire this in Fla. too, as here, in Cali, it's pretty much a pre.rec...

Attached Files
      changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

MIA Lonestar strat

My 2000 MIA Lonestar Strat.

Of course you can use a strat for rhythm.  You might want to pick one up with vintage specs if you really want to specialize in rhythm, though.

If you are really worried about it sounding thin you can always use the middle pickup, and toning down brightness is the reason you have tone knobs. 

Attached Files

Comment

• Lou Speed's Alt
        Lou Speed's Alt commented
        Editing a comment

• riff ie
        riff ie commented
        Editing a comment

PurpleTrails wrote:

MIA Lonestar strat

My 2000 MIA Lonestar Strat.

Of course you can use a strat for rhythm.  You might want to pick one up with vintage specs if you really want to specialize in rhythm, though.

If you are really worried about it sounding thin you can always use the middle pickup, and toning down brightness is the reason you have tone knobs. 

this x10 & if need bee goin' all fukkn' all fukkn', dig, a hummer in the bridge w/ option of going non hummer, will go all fukkn', this is my reality for the sake argument, still using stock atomic hummer, only w/ option to split, but if ya really need to GET ALL FUKKN' w' option to split super distortion is the yellow brick road home, holmes, yes i dig thats a lot of fukkn', too...

Attached Files

TNF, that's a gorgeous Strat.

I've only ever owned one Strat; an early Highway One in blonde with the spaghetti logo and a really nice matte neck. They're really comfortable guitars and, with the right pickups, can do rhythm just fine.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Texas Noise Factory
        Editing a comment
        Thanks TVD!

It's more creamy in real life. '79 vintage. I dig the hardtail strats...

strat1.png

Attached Files
      For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

• goodhonk
        goodhonk commented
        Editing a comment

strat with dirt on chords is possibly the most unsatisfying experience i've encountered.

clean is ok, a bit thin.   love early dire straits though.

Fonzii u play dat in church?

Comment

^^. I am in agreement with this layout and am jelly

Comment

• J-E-M
        J-E-M commented
        Editing a comment

alien wrote:
        ^^. I am in agreement with this layout and am jelly

Thanx dude. I like to think of it as a strat with "elbow room". It's anathema to purists - f**k them.

They have dem stacked humbuckers too and coil taps is just a special push pull tone or vol. pot installed?

Stacked hummies look like a normal sc pup.

Comment

• BrentMpls
        BrentMpls commented
        Editing a comment

alien wrote:
        They have dem stacked humbuckers too and coil taps is just a special push pull tone or vol. pot installed?

Stacked hummies look like a normal sc pup.

Push/pull for series/parallel on mine for each p/u, and phase toggle 

My waRmoth with bitchin fender mij neck with no finish evar and JUMBRO phrets installed is now and haRd tail and i love hard tail pickin dynamics! Its wat i started out on

Comment

Welp anyone who is down wit HCFX , need to have an flower power strat

Honk SRV had an red strat looked just like yours, seen it up close backstage 89

Comment

• goodhonk
        goodhonk commented
        Editing a comment

alien wrote:
        Welp anyone who is down wit HCFX , need to have an flower power strat

Honk SRV had an red strat looked just like yours, seen it up close backstage 89

knopfler is the reason red strats are cool

Strat

Attached Files
      Listen to my band's new song "Clover" and download our albums free. modgun.bandcamp.com

Comment

black\_strat

Attached Files
      Good deals with - gae86, JDE, neoflox, kpd78, smudge_lad, Califa, RadioSilence

Comment

• Urinate Forever
        Urinate Forever commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a pretty sexy axe, eerock.

I'm assuming u avoided the black/white/black pickguard on purpose...

Originally a Road Worn eerock? Looks vurry nice.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• RoboPimp
        RoboPimp commented
        Editing a comment
        lol

Boss fa 10 guy is KESTRAL. Kestral is here!!!

Comment

• Trick Fall
        Trick Fall commented
        Editing a comment
        I love black on black strats

Working...
    X