Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by jimihalen
    View Post

Adding to these questions...has anyone heard of or attempted a mod to help with the volume drop problem?

I found no noise problems or volume drop on the Flanger Hoax because they would seem tiny compared to the sounds available with the pedal. I helped my customer with his volume drop pointing out to Blend 50% clean signal with the Flange/Phase signal. Both effects sweep frequencies. So the high frequency signal appears to be lower volume then the bigger bass frequencies.

There is noise with max Feedback settings.
    StompboxMan.com
    Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

Comment

StomboxMan, is the hiss comparable to that of the new Clone Theory? Because I have it and it really doesn't bother me.

Comment

It's really not a big deal at all. Sometimes I imagine some of these people getting in a new pedal and turning it on whilst they lay in the floor next to their cab trying to detect some noise. You're not going to notice it while you're playing and you're definitely not going to sweat it in the context of a mix... another thing a lot of people on here don't seem to experience very much hehe
        some of my music

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sceiron
          View Post

Does anyone know of a mod so I can slow down the LFO of the hoax?

The LFO on mine can go glacially slow

Did you buy yours used? I wonder if someone didn't already tweak it.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. I mean it will go obnoxiously slow
            some of my music

Comment

View Post

Purchased brand new.

It is somewhat slow, I want it slow!

Maybe one cycle every 15 minutes.

I really wish there was a CV input to control speed.

My G2 will cycle an LFO every 799 seconds. Thats 13.5 minutes! A MIDI to CV converter, and BAM.... my Moog gear can suddenly go that slow. And then an LFO out on the Phase and RM..... I can modulate anything at that speed. (except the Hoax)

There has to be a mod to slow it down even more.

Can the human ear actually hear an LFO changing at 13 minutes a cycle?

Comment

haha can an audience stand to listen to a 15 minute song?
                some of my music

Comment

View Post

Does anyone know of a mod so I can slow down the LFO of the hoax? I would like to cut the speed in HALF.

I asked EH for a longer LFO sweep when the pedal was in development. It amuses me how all the DIFFERENT flangers have the same LFO sweep time. Like no one can have the option for a slower Flange sweep. Like we're all prohibited from going slower. Were is progress when you need it?
                  StompboxMan.com
                  Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

Comment

I just put together some short clips of The Flanger Hoax (FH) running into the Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai (SMMH) to demonstrate the versatility of the FH. In fact, I did not record a clip of the FH using any flanger settings. The FH is capable of much more than just flange.

FH_SMMH_demo1: FH is set for ring modulator / SMMH is set for quick stereo delay

FH_SMMH_demo2: FH is set for self-oscillations / SMMH is set for stereo slapback delay

FH_SMMH_demo3: FH is set for auto-wah / SMMH is set for a quick stereo delay

FH_SMMH_demo4: FH is set for tremelo / SMMH is set for reverb only

FH_SMMH_demo5: FH is set for deep pitch modulation / SMMH is set for stereo reverse echo with repeats

FH_SMMH_demo6: FH is set for phaser / SMMH is set for stereo 300ms + modulation with repeats

Comment

I missed out on a $100 Hoax this week. I'm almost done screaming at the top of my lungs daily.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jimihalen
                        View Post

I missed out on a $100 Hoax this week. I'm almost done screaming at the top of my lungs daily.

Don't fret it. I see used ones on eBay all the time going for about that price.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever
                          View Post

I just put together some short clips of The Flanger Hoax (FH) running into the Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai (SMMH) to demonstrate the versatility of the FH. In fact, I did not record a clip of the FH using any flanger settings. The FH is capable of much more than just flange.

Wow that's really impressive. I love how you have the hoax in front of the delay so the repeats get affected. Some of the clips almost sound like a step sequencer
                          some of my music

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever
                            View Post

Thanks olejason! Normally on my board I would put the FH after delay, but for the purpose of the soundclips, it seemed to make sense to put it in front. Now I have to rethink my board

Got any cool FH combinations I should try?

Thanks for listening, guys. I was also surprised to discover how diverse the FH is. It took me months to get the hang of it because I was so caught up in trying to find different flanger sounds (well, it is called a flanger after all); but once I started trying to isolate the phaser, everything started to fall into place.

its nice to see someone using this thing to its full potential, i think it will be one of the greats in the future, i use it to its full potential. could you give me the settings to all of those samples?
                            Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by dZjupp
                              View Post

its nice to see someone using this thing to its full potential, i think it will be one of the greats in the future, i use it to its full potential. could you give me the settings to all of those samples?

The phaser, tremelo, and auto-wah (or phaser-wah) settings are in this post: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1&postcount=37

I'll have to get back with you on the settings for ring mod, self-oscillation, and deep pitch modulation - I'm away from my gear at the moment.

Comment

OK, I'm 100% serious. Someone please loan me one; I'll send collateral or something.

It doesn't help that I just bought a Liquaflange, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X