Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vick goes to Philly....good idea or bad idea?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick goes to Philly....good idea or bad idea?

Do you really want to go screwing around with the QB section of a team that made it to the NFC Championship game last season?

But...having Vick is gonna make McNabb have to bring his A-game everytime he hits the field.

Plus, negative press from the city of Philly is looming in the air. I believe one headline there said, "HIDE YOUR DOGS".

I'm not an Eagles fan in any way shape or form, in fact, quite teh opposite. I just find it to be an interesting move to say the least.
    ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
    VTM VANDALS

Originally Posted by cobrahead1030

Gibsons are like that crazy ex gf, the one you'd wanna strangle on a daily basis...but was dynamite in bed.

She always calls up during a dry spell, and ya have to hit it one more time.

Originally Posted by Mr. Brady

This is the reason modelers don't sound good. They don't have a standby switch modelled so the virtual tubes never get a chance to warm up.

I find it baffling from a football standpoint.

From a personal standpoint, I think the guy has paid his debt to society and has a right to earn a living. What I didn't agree with was, all along everyone assumed he had a right to work in the NFL. Not necessarily so. There's the UFL, CFL .... all sorts of other professional football leagues that could have employed him. Of course now an NFL team has stepped up, so that's a moot point.

Something else that's a joke is how high and mighty some Philly sports fans apparently are acting over this (per ESPN's Sal Palantonio, many fans started streaming out of the Eagles preseason game last night at the Link when the news was announced, claiming they were going to sell their season tickets, and at least one female fan was crying). These are the same people who over the years have taken pride in their own anti-social behavior, up to and including cheering when Michael Irvin lay prone and possibly paralyzed on the Veterans Stadium turf. Their schtick is to be as belligerent as possible to players, including their own, and now they're all up in arms about a guy who broke the law and paid his debt to society? Gimme a break.
    Originally Posted by knucklefux

let me tell you something, **************************************** ...

Originally Posted by TheEsupremacy

Why do you always come off like you're so much better than 100% of the people on this planet? Truthfully, are you God?

Originally Posted by Hardvalve

He seems to be slightly retarded, and easily provoked.

Originally Posted by gorebreath

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
    The Rub on MySpace
    The Rub on Soundclick
    The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

If he gets into a violent car wreck on the way to his new Stadium then it's a very very good idea

If not... well there's always hope for tomorrow, the day after, etc...

Comment

I've always liked vick as a player. The way I look at it everyone makes mistakes. He deserves another shot. It's not gonna hurt the eagles.....anybody is better then freakin mcnabb. He's the biggest joke. So hopefully he will get his crap together and get the starting QB role.
        Guitars:
        PRS SE Singlecut(Grey/Black)
        PRS SE Singlecut(Tobacco Sunburst)

Amp and Cabinet:
        Peavey Valveking 100
        Valveking 4x12

Other goodies:
        BBE 362
        Samson wireless
        Behringer Tuner
        Furman power conditioner
        FCB-1010
        Rocktron Replifex
        MXR MC-402 Boost/Overdrive

Good transactions with: GCDEF

Comment

From a personal standpoint, I think the guy has paid his debt to society and has a right to earn a living. What I didn't agree with was, all along everyone assumed he had a right to work in the NFL. Not necessarily so. There's the UFL, CFL .... all sorts of other professional football leagues that could have employed him. Of course now an NFL team has stepped up, so that's a moot point.

Something else that's a joke is how high and mighty some Philly sports fans apparently are acting over this (per ESPN's Sal Palantonio, many fans started streaming out of the Eagles preseason game last night at the Link when the news was announced, claiming they were going to sell their season tickets, and at least one female fan was crying). These are the same people who over the years have taken pride in their own anti-social behavior, up to and including cheering when Michael Irvin lay prone and possibly paralyzed on the Veterans Stadium turf. Their schtick is to be as belligerent as possible to players, including their own, and now they're all up in arms about a guy who broke the law and paid his debt to society? Gimme a break.

LOL! I hear ya. NOW....let's say McNabb goes down 3 games into the season and Vick takes over the starting QB position (you KNOW he will) and starts kicking all kinds of ass with completions, TD passes, little to no interceptions. You are gonna see all this hate turn to and the town will embrace him.
          ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
          VTM VANDALS

Gibsons are like that crazy ex gf, the one you'd wanna strangle on a daily basis...but was dynamite in bed.

This is the reason modelers don't sound good. They don't have a standby switch modelled so the virtual tubes never get a chance to warm up.

Comment

LOL! I hear ya. NOW....let's say McNabb goes down 3 games into the season and Vick takes over the starting QB position (you KNOW he will) and starts kicking all kinds of ass with completions, TD passes, little to no interceptions. You are gonna see all this hate turn to and the town will embrace him.

Very true. Either way, you can count on McNabb to be butthurt about this, no matter what he says publicly. He just signed a 2-year extension, and now they sign Vick to a 2-year deal. Just another expression of the team's lack of confidence that McNabb has what it takes to go all the way.

Why do you always come off like you're so much better than 100% of the people on this planet? Truthfully, are you God?

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
            The Rub on MySpace
            The Rub on Soundclick
            The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

I've always liked vick as a player. The way I look at it everyone makes mistakes. He deserves another shot. It's not gonna hurt the eagles.....anybody is better then freakin mcnabb. He's the biggest joke. So hopefully he will get his crap together and get the starting QB role.

23 TD's and throwing for almost 4,000 yards last season is not bad.
              ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
              VTM VANDALS

Comment

I think its a good idea for any team. He actually paid his debt and did his time in the pokey, which is more than most misbehaving athletes can say.
                Diddlybo
                -----------------------------------------------
                Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
                My current amp selection:
                Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

Very true. Either way, you can count on McNabb to be butthurt about this, no matter what he says publicly. He just signed a 2-year extension, and now they sign Vick to a 2-year deal. Just another expression of the team's lack of confidence that McNabb has what it takes to go all the way.

His stats were up there with some of the better QB's in the league. After Reid benched his ass that one game he came back with a vengeance.

But yeah, I agree that he is completely butthurt no matter what he says. He probably went home for some comfort in the form of Mama's Campbell's Chunky Soup.
                  ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
                  VTM VANDALS

Comment

not that i like vick OR the eagles...but they should do some wildcat offense ****************!
                    Main Rig:
                    Ibanez Prestige RGA321F
                    Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra
                    VHT 2/90/2
                    Marshall 1960A

Positive Transactions with: LordOVChaos, DarkAngel, Timmott, Bluesymetal, punkrockpoet, psmile87, RCV1, shane159, leod_74, t2mikeman, lhrocker, guitarevan07

Comment

You forgot the courthouse that was in the basement of the old Veterens stadium due to so many fights in the stands.

I give to the WWF and several other groups, I have given money to the Boston Aquarium to "adopt" a Harbor Seal, and my wife is Sarah Palin's number one anti fan due to the wolf hunts now taking place in alaska.

All that said I agree that Vick has paid his dept, he was in a FEDERAL prison where not many of us would survive very long. PETA could not have had better coverage to promote their work and their donations are much higher today than 3 years ago. I am a huge animal lover but I also understand that he has served his time and deserves to play in the NFL if he still has the skills.
                      Scott

To speak with,

Peter Diezel
                      Jorg Bogner amps
                      John Suhr
                      Dave Friedman Racksystems LTD
                      Bruce Egnater
                      Gutierrez Guitars
                      Ed Degenaro THD Amps
                      Trace VooDoo Amps
                      Mike Fortin from Fortin Amps

Go to www.rig-talk.com

Never heard you play.....don't care about your review.

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

But the bottomline is the same, crap player and 5000$ amp is no different than an ugly chick spending a ton on make-up. It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

Redemtion is part of Humanity, everyone deserves a second chance, besides Vic is a bad-ass when it comes to being a Quarterback.
                        I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

first thing I saw in my head after reading thread title was the "do not want" dog but with a caption that said "Philly!?!?"
                          GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

deserves to play in the NFL

Again, I don't agree with this. He deserved the opportunity to earn a living playing football again, just not necessarily in the NFL.

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
                            The Rub on MySpace
                            The Rub on Soundclick
                            The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

My first thought when I heard he had joined the Eagles was that he would never be able to get along with Don Henley.

Diddlybo
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
                              My current amp selection:
                              Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

Working...
                              X