Vick goes to Philly....good idea or bad idea?

TU BE

• Members

So you don't like him because he doesn't make it look "pretty"? So, you'll skip the Super Bowl and NFC championships, give you someone who doesn't make it that far, but does it pretty?

The Eagles have pretty much been lucky to get as far as they have. They don't play good at all. Mcnabb is a baby who prob. won't even make it half way through the year. If he was good I would give him credit but IMO he's not.

• Members

The Eagles have pretty much been lucky to get as far as they have. They don't play good at all. Mcnabb is a baby who prob. won't even make it half way through the year. If he was good I would give him credit but IMO he's not.

So, they've been "lucky" 5 times to get to the NFC championship game, win it once and get to a Super Bowl? Didn't he make it through the year last year? They don't play good, but consistently make the playoffs?

wat?

I don't know if you are 8 years old and are just listening to your Dad, or you are smoking something REAAAAAAAALY good.

• Members

So, they've been "lucky"
5 times
to get to the NFC championship game, win it once and get to a Super Bowl? Didn't he make it through the year last year? They don't play good, but consistently make the playoffs?

wat?

I don't know if you are 8 years old and are just listening to your Dad, or you are smoking something REAAAAAAAALY good.

Haha....no no. I'm old enough to know what i'm seeing. Well ya can't be that good if you can't make to the super bowl and win it. They choke evrytime they make it to the playoff's. Until they prove otherwise that's gonna be my opinion.

• Members
Well the Saints made it pretty far the other year. The thing that keeps the Saints from making it anywhere is the fact that their good players get hurt, and the fact that they don't have a bunch of good players.

Haha....no no. I'm old enough to know what i'm seeing. Well ya can't be that good if you can't make to the super bowl and win it. They choke evrytime they make it to the playoff's. Until they prove otherwise that's gonna be my opinion.

Honestly bro, there have been many GREAT players with long spanning careers who have never won a superbowl. :facepalm:

• Members

IMO it's amazing you get more punishment for killing a dog than a human, look at Dante Stallworth, Pacman Jones, Ray Lewis... MV did his time and deserves a chance. Peta needs to move on to the next thing. I guess MADD didn't get involved with the Stallworth thing, and there is no political lobby for for the other offences. Peta is a little extreme.
I also look that MV grew up in rural Virginia, having never lived there, but I know in extreme rural areas (hell, even near where I live), people grew up doing that, and don't think it's wrong (though I didn't).

• Members

I don't see him playing QB. Return man or lining up as a weideout, yes. Vick couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a bazooka. He's still {censored}ing fast as hell though.

I agree...I was at VT for a while while older Vick was QBing there, and watched some of his NFL games...it really wasn't about his arm so much, more his versatility and being so slippery. That said, I was never impressed with him as a QB, and despite having every advantage at Tech he turned out to be a thug...surprise surprise his brother had every advantage there too with the added bonus of having a brother with huge clout with the alumni pull with the university, and turned out to be a thug of such caliber that it still couldn't be swept under the rug. Big schools have plenty of criminal problems these days, but even so those two are notable, and I think it tarnished VT.

I just don't think he has the arm to compete with other big-name quarterbacks, and on top of that I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see him crash and burn. I wouldn't piss on him to put a fire out...but I would wait till after the fire went out, and then piss on him.

Archived