Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recto - Can it be made tight and not fizzy?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seriously od-9 thats it i use a roadster and dual recto together tight as a virgins **************************** and no fizz,i **************** you not ,they should be built with an od 9 installed lol

Aw, you guys are killing me here! Now I'm going to have to get my Single Recto back out (that I thought I had finally decided was the amp to sell!) and try it with my OD-9!
    HEADS: VHT Sig X, VHT 50clCABS: VHT Deliverance 4x12GUITARS: PRS VHT/FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD FS: Fryette/VHT 50cl with EQ - $1000 shipped.Good Transactions With: psmile87, ams2ek, Holy-diver (x2), JC-TONEQUEST, Mikemtm, Shiny_Surface, mgcasella, knowwhatimean, poundcaketoredvelvet, knucklefux, Chrisjd, SDMFVan, ejendres, DeuceII, stephen sawall

Comment

This is kind of off-topic, but probably a good thread to get a quick answer. On my Single Recto, I have a foot-switchable 'Solo' boost with seperate volume control on the amp. Does engaging that only add volume, or does it add any gain or an extra gain stage? Thanks!
      HEADS: VHT Sig X, VHT 50clCABS: VHT Deliverance 4x12GUITARS: PRS VHT/FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD FS: Fryette/VHT 50cl with EQ - $1000 shipped.Good Transactions With: psmile87, ams2ek, Holy-diver (x2), JC-TONEQUEST, Mikemtm, Shiny_Surface, mgcasella, knowwhatimean, poundcaketoredvelvet, knucklefux, Chrisjd, SDMFVan, ejendres, DeuceII, stephen sawall

Comment

not very mushy
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=871796&songID=7446543

DEFINITELY not mushy.
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=871796&songID=7802342

Excellent. Sounds really good like a Recto should.

I get so sick of the "wahhh, I can't dial a Rectifier in......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH"
        ELP92SD -> some pedals -> MarkIV -> Rectifier 2x12 cab

"The Bible is the rock on which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson

Comment

This is kind of off-topic, but probably a good thread to get a quick answer. On my Single Recto, I have a foot-switchable 'Solo' boost with seperate volume control on the amp. Does engaging that only add volume, or does it add any gain or an extra gain stage? Thanks!

Only volume, no extra preamp gain stages... But if the volume bump is big enough you'll add some power tube distortion at higher volumes.
          Engl Savage 120 Jackson USA Guitars

Excellent transactions with:
          killertone, Mizati20, thaifoo, zygoat, is350xtrm, bartmcartman, xiwiwix and many more.

"Killing is my business... and business is good..."

Comment

2chrecto plus Tubescreamer= extremely tight
            LSD Studio

Contact me about
            Reamping
            Mixing
            Mastering
            Drumediting

Comment

No fizz anymore for me. I put a MXR 10band EQ in the loop, pres on 9am, treble on 9am, mids at noon or higher, bass on 11am. On the mxr I knock off some of the highs and bump the mids and bass. it smokes.

Comment

not very mushy

DEFINITELY not mushy.

no plz let everyone comment on amps they havent played on call them mushy fizzy fuzzy pieces of ****************.
                marshall super bass
                yamaha sg2000

Comment

not very mushy

DEFINITELY not mushy.

Sounds good Dewy. I like Silver lining 1.
                  78' 2203 JMP/OR15 on top of an Avatar GB'd 412=Rock Nirvanah

Its "Boo-tique" fellas cause that price scares the tone out of my fingers...

Comment

It seems to thicken the mids a bit and smooth things out.

Comment

Aw, you guys are killing me here! Now I'm going to have to get my Single Recto back out (that I thought I had finally decided was the amp to sell!) and try it with my OD-9!

if your in washington state im in BC right by bellingham and my rehearsal space is on the border ,you should come up and you can hear em in person then you can tell everyone here how well its keeps up with my lead guitarists 2 peters and mills acoustic rig
                      Mesa Roadster head KT-77
                      Mesa Stiletto Deuce ll
                      Mesa Dual recto head-KT 77
                      Peavey xxx head-KT77
                      2 Traynor 4x12s cabs (V30S)
                      Silverburst les paul
                      Eventide Timefactor,Modfactor,decimator,voodoo power
                      +2

Comment

It's called mesa roadster.

Comment

It's called mesa roadster.

ahhh no lol mesa roadster is not even close to being a tight amp it was the main reason i almost sold it for a titan or a peters ,until boost
                          Mesa Roadster head KT-77
                          Mesa Stiletto Deuce ll
                          Mesa Dual recto head-KT 77
                          Peavey xxx head-KT77
                          2 Traynor 4x12s cabs (V30S)
                          Silverburst les paul
                          Eventide Timefactor,Modfactor,decimator,voodoo power
                          +2

Comment

ahhh no lol mesa roadster is not even close to being a tight amp it was the main reason i almost sold it for a titan or a peters ,until boost

When I played my buddies it was noticeably tighter then normal dual and triple solo recs. Still not a 5150 II by any means but WAS tighter and warmer and all that goodness.

Comment

if your in washington state im in BC right by bellingham and my rehearsal space is on the border ,you should come up and you can hear em in person then you can tell everyone here how well its keeps up with my lead guitarists 2 peters and mills acoustic rig

Thanks for the invite! I'm actually in S.E. Wash. state, which is a good 8 hrs. drive to the Canadian border. So I won't be making that trip anytime soon! Thanks again though!

Comment

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

What do you think of this? That's the tightest sound I could come up with a Recto.
                                http://www.myspace.com/deeplyconfusedofficial
                                http://www.myspace.com/tearsforthedeadgods

Comment

Working...
                                X