Recto - Can it be made tight and not fizzy?

Cookie Monster

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This has been a great thread. I've got my Single Recto out again and am experimenting with it.

For tightening them up, do you guys prefer using a Clean Boost (like my OD-9), or an EQ pedal to just cut the lowest frequencies, or does 1 way have an advantage over the other?

I'm definitely like the results I'm getting with both setups, I obviously just have to run the amp's gain at around 10:30 when Boosting instead of 1:00 when I use an EQ pedal.

When using the Boost pedal or an EQ pedal, now I can run the amp's Bass up around 12:00 now too (since I'm cutting the lowest lows out), which should give me a good, thick, low mid emphasis. Whereas before, I only ran the Bass around 10:00.

Rectifiers should all come with a maxon overdrive pedal, it's an absolute need for that amp (for tight metal) IMO for SURE. an EQ is a great thing to have also. Once I get my roadster I'm going to be broke so hopefully I can get some cash for noise suppressor and overdrive (have to sell my ISP decimator to fund for the roadster... but it doesn't need one without an overdrive)

Archived