I'm new the to Keurig brewers

Mavesicles

• Members

I got one for my Mom for Christmas, and holy damn are these ever useful. Say I spontaneously want a cup of coffee..it takes maybe 2 minutes to make a cup. :love:

And I didn't know they made inserts where you add your own coffee grinds, because the K cups are pretty damn expensive.

TL;DR {censored} regular coffee makers.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yep. i've had mine since about May. i can count on one hand how many days i've not used it (excluding days i'm gone) since then.

i keep about 4-7 different flavors around just so it doesn't get boring.

Do you have the My K Cup? The K Cups are expensive, and they're only good for one use if you want maximum flavour.

• Members

Do you have the My K Cup? The K Cups are expensive, and they're only good for one use if you want maximum flavour.

No i will have to look at that. but i figure if i have enough $$ to buy a Keurig machine, i can afford the K-Cups... :cop: :cop:

they're not that much.

• Members

so 2 minutes for one cup or 2-4 minutes for an entire pot??

just get a bunn and call it a day. freshly ground coffee tastes waaaay better than anything prepackaged weeks or months ago.

Keurigs rule when you're like me and just need 1 at a time. i turn on mine to heat up, pack up my lunch, press the brew button and it fills up my travel mug, and i'm set. i don't have time/need for a whole pot every AM. :thu:

• Members

No i will have to look at that. but i figure if i have enough $$ to buy a Keurig machine, i can afford the K-Cups...
:cop:
:cop:

they're not that much.

I got a Mr. Coffee single cup one. It was $54.

I'm sure anyone can afford the K Cups, but you can save money by buying a big tin and adding your own grinds.

• Members
I drink way more coffee than i used to when i did not have one, it is so easy to make. I usually have a couple before i leave work, a couple when i get home and that does not include the 2 or 3 i have while at work from DD's or Starbucks
:0

I just made a cup. There's no way I would have turned on the coffee maker if I didn't have this Keurig.

• Members

Mave just keep an eye out for when they go on sale and stock up then.

I'm gonna get the attachment where you add your own grinds. It's nearly $20, but it's a one time investment and it'll pay for itself in the not too distant future. The K Cups can be a treat every now and then.

• Members

i dunno, coffee is one thing i really enjoy and paying more for an inferior product is not really ever going to make sense to me - even if its "convienent".

i got some beans from guatemala for xmas that are amazing and when i went down to costa rica last feb i was in heaven.

i get up, let yogi out and make the coffee. by the time i have let him in and fed him the coffee is done. i would rather pay money for better beans than some trendy one cup coffee maker and then have to purchase their coffee from beans that were ground who knows how long ago.

• Members

LOVE my Keurig maker.

Mine can have a preset on/off time.

I make sure it's on well before I wake up, so It's already warmed up.

I've tried lots of flavors.

My faves:

Caribou - Caribou Blend

Green Mountain - Nantucket Blend

Timothy's - Italian

Diedrich - French

Barista Prima - Columbia

Barista Prima - French

FWIW, the Starbucks K-cups taste like Chalk, and I normally like Starbucks Coffee.

• Members

I just got my wife the Cuisinart brand K-Cup machine. It was a little more expensive, but it has more features, bigger water tank and is built like a tank. Also comes with the My K Cup.

Only downside, it has turned me into a coffee drinker :(

• Members

i dunno, coffee is one thing i really enjoy and paying more for an inferior product is not really ever going to make sense to me - even if its "convienent".

i got some beans from guatemala for xmas that are amazing and when i went down to costa rica last feb i was in heaven.

i get up, let yogi out and make the coffee. by the time i have let him in and fed him the coffee is done.
i would rather pay money for better beans than some trendy one cup coffee maker and then have to purchase their coffee from beans that were ground who knows how long ago.

THe My K Cup lets you use your own coffee, and it's perfectly portioned.

• Members

I'm gonna get the attachment where you add your own grinds. It's nearly $20, but it's a one time investment and it'll pay for itself in the not too distant future. The K Cups can be a treat every now and then.

This one is much better than the Keurig made one.

http://www.amazon.com/ekobrew-Refillable-Keurig-Brewers-1-Count/dp/B0051SU0OW

Archived