Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright guitarists, how did the guitarist for Nazareth get that solo on Love Hurts?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright guitarists, how did the guitarist for Nazareth get that solo on Love Hurts?

Non stop one note bliss.

He used a slide a little delay and some feedback.
    strange and funny videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/FacepunchTheater

Comment

Pro Tools.

Comment

He used a slide a little delay and some feedback.

Pretty much.

Easiest way to do that without shattering your eardrums is using an eBow.
        Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Ugh. An abomination of a version of that song.

"Love is like a flame, it burns you when it's hot." When the **************** is a flame not hot?

Comment

From the gist of it, it looks like a lot of shoulder hunching to get those tasty notes in the solo

Comment

Ebow

Mesa Boogie MK III
              Marshall DSL 50
              JCA 20H
              ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
              Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
              Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
              Fender HM Strat
              Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

i'm honestly shocked that anybody would even ask about that song in any musical context, which is possibly the worst song ever written NOT penned by warren zevon.

Comment

i'm honestly shocked that anybody would even ask about that song in any musical context, which is possibly the worst song ever written NOT penned by warren zevon.

Why the hate for it bro? It haz a nice solo unheard at the time.

Then again, back in the 3rd World, this was played on dive bars and strip joints, so publicly liking this song makes you unattractive to the college gals.

Comment

Warren Zevon? What kind of mother ****************ing dick doesn't like Warren Zevon?

mother ****************ing piece of mother ****************ing ****************

Don't hate the game - hate the player!

Comment

Why the hate for it bro? It haz a nice solo unheard at the time.

Then again, back in the 3rd World, this was played on dive bars and strip joints, so publicly liking this song makes you unattractive to the college gals.

there's a lotta reasons, but first and foremost, kermit the frog (aka their vocalist) has a vibrato that makes me wish i could survive decapitation, only so my i could not hear the horrible sound coming out of the dilapidated 8 track that **************** was coming from while i destroy to poor fool who picked it up being ironic at a thrift store, and then destroy the tape itself so that it may be purged from humanity.

second. that horrible slide solo. really: see first reason. it's the guitar equivalent.

i dunno. ouch. hurts my ears.

in the meantime... i'm not so certain that publically liking this song wouldn't elicit the same response in the first world as well-- but makes you maybe .069% less creepy than being a jethro tull fan in a school zone.

Comment

Warren Zevon? What kind of mother ****************ing dick doesn't like Warren Zevon?

mother ****************ing piece of mother ****************ing ****************

now.. this is about nazareth.

[but ugh.. yeah.. warren zevon. who EVER listened to werewolves of london and said 'yeah man.. that's IT' unless they'd been doing bong hits all day? ]

Comment

there's a lotta reasons, but first and foremost, kermit the frog (aka their vocalist) has a vibrato that makes me wish i could survive decapitation, only so my i could not hear the horrible sound coming out of the dilapidated 8 track that **************** was coming from while i destroy to poor fool who picked it up being ironic at a thrift store, and then destroy the tape itself so that it may be purged from humanity.

second. that horrible slide solo. really: see first reason. it's the guitar equivalent.

i dunno. ouch. hurts my ears.

in the meantime... i'm not so certain that publically liking this song wouldn't elicit the same response in the first world as well-- but makes you maybe .069% less creepy than being a jethro tull fan in a school zone.

Oh shi-

Comment

Nazareth pwnz all of you.
                            " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

"Getting old Hurts"

Mesa Boogie MK III
                              Marshall DSL 50
                              JCA 20H
                              ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                              Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
                              Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
                              Fender HM Strat
                              Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment