Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCAF Cyclists 2013 Thread

A thread to keep track of your miles and chat about bikes - road/mountain/bmx, anything!

I was in a thread like this on another forum last year and it helped with the motivation.

I managed to do 1375 miles last year, I hope to do 2000 in 2013.

Well, it's New Year's Day in Western NY and I'll be taking my father in law's old ten speed out later. It's heavy as hell, it's freezing outside and I've not got much gear with with me apart from gloves and a base layer but we'll see how it goes.
    Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

that is awesome, I am just getting back into cycling this year. Good Luck to you and post some pics when you get a chance.
    Durango Guitar WorksDGWShort Scale Guitars

Comment

that is awesome, I am just getting back into cycling this year. Good Luck to you and post some pics when you get a chance.
      Durango Guitar WorksDGWShort Scale Guitars

Comment

Enjoy the ride. I'm just healing from knee surgery and I can't wait to get back on the bike. Even just a few weeks off the bike can really be hard to make up. Here's to the new year's bike rides!
        GOOD People to deal with : PunkKitty, LostGoonie,Cratz2,Albala, Ball&Chain,

Comment

Enjoy the ride. I'm just healing from knee surgery and I can't wait to get back on the bike. Even just a few weeks off the bike can really be hard to make up. Here's to the new year's bike rides!
          GOOD People to deal with : PunkKitty, LostGoonie,Cratz2,Albala, Ball&Chain,

Comment

Once the weathet breaks, I'm all over it this year. I've gone way too long without putting in any serious miles. Until then, I'll be working with my personal trainer and suffering on the stationary.

I definitely see a nice, new carbon road bike in the future. With nothing lower than a Shimano 105 group.

I can't wait to ride!
            Look how hard my heart hurts.
            I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Once the weathet breaks, I'm all over it this year. I've gone way too long without putting in any serious miles. Until then, I'll be working with my personal trainer and suffering on the stationary.

I definitely see a nice, new carbon road bike in the future. With nothing lower than a Shimano 105 group.

I can't wait to ride!
              Look how hard my heart hurts.
              I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

I bought a road bike a few summers back in anticipation of riding it. Unfortunately Boise isn't the most bike friendly town. As a matter of fact I have had cars swerve at me because they had to wait to pass because of oncoming traffic. I have had people flip me off... I don't get it, you make someone wait 20 more seconds and the world is ending.

So I have found myself not riding as much as I wanted to... I think I will have to resort to driving somewhere away from town traffic just to ride. It is fun and there is nothing quite like riding a road bike; everything about the way they function is smooth!

This is my road bike:

Cole
                Amps
                Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
                Egnater Tweaker 15
                TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
                Korg Pitchblack+
                Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
                Pro Tone Thruster
                Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
                ISP Decimator (Loop)
                MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
                Hermida Reverb (Loop)
                Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
                Carl Martin Octaswitch
                Powered by Voodoo Labs & T-Rex

Comment

I bought a road bike a few summers back in anticipation of riding it. Unfortunately Boise isn't the most bike friendly town. As a matter of fact I have had cars swerve at me because they had to wait to pass because of oncoming traffic. I have had people flip me off... I don't get it, you make someone wait 20 more seconds and the world is ending.

So I have found myself not riding as much as I wanted to... I think I will have to resort to driving somewhere away from town traffic just to ride. It is fun and there is nothing quite like riding a road bike; everything about the way they function is smooth!

This is my road bike:

Cole
                  Amps
                  Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
                  Egnater Tweaker 15
                  TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
                  Korg Pitchblack+
                  Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
                  Pro Tone Thruster
                  Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
                  ISP Decimator (Loop)
                  MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
                  Hermida Reverb (Loop)
                  Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
                  Carl Martin Octaswitch