Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
        View Post

had to change some things around, now your post is completely correct.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
          View Post

had to change some things around, now your post is completely correct.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

I have had android phone, iphone, and now windows 7 phone. Windows 7 phone is basic on the app side. But Outlook on it and texting are the best working features I have used on a phone. Android I liked having the widgets to get info. iOS doesn't really have any information without popping in and out of apps all day. It seems kind of antiquated, IMO. Though it does work nicely.
            Guitars:
            2011 Gibson LP Traditional Plus
            2004 Gibson LP Studio Alpine White
            1996 Yamaha 121d w/SD screamin deamon
            2002 Ibanez RG 470 MIJ
            Yamaha Acoustic

Amps
            Marshall JVM 210h
            Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
            Peavey Ultra 60
            BlackStar HT-5 Combo
            BlackStar HT-100

Cabs
            Peavey Ultra 412
            Marshall 1960a
            Marshall MF280

http://www.facebook.com/sin4sin

Comment

I have had android phone, iphone, and now windows 7 phone. Windows 7 phone is basic on the app side. But Outlook on it and texting are the best working features I have used on a phone. Android I liked having the widgets to get info. iOS doesn't really have any information without popping in and out of apps all day. It seems kind of antiquated, IMO. Though it does work nicely.
              Guitars:
              2011 Gibson LP Traditional Plus
              2004 Gibson LP Studio Alpine White
              1996 Yamaha 121d w/SD screamin deamon
              2002 Ibanez RG 470 MIJ
              Yamaha Acoustic

Amps
              Marshall JVM 210h
              Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
              Peavey Ultra 60
              BlackStar HT-5 Combo
              BlackStar HT-100

Cabs
              Peavey Ultra 412
              Marshall 1960a
              Marshall MF280

http://www.facebook.com/sin4sin

Comment

It's not terrible and it's not great. What MS really needs is to get rid of Ballmer and find someone with some vision. Ballmer may be many things, but a visionary is not one of them. All good products are made by people who are led by someone with unwavering vision. Ballmer seems to be getting advice/instruction from other people, and is trying to make them all work together. The result is a bit of a jumbled mess.
                Main Rig:
                LTD EC1000
                Peavey 6505+
                Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

It's not terrible and it's not great. What MS really needs is to get rid of Ballmer and find someone with some vision. Ballmer may be many things, but a visionary is not one of them. All good products are made by people who are led by someone with unwavering vision. Ballmer seems to be getting advice/instruction from other people, and is trying to make them all work together. The result is a bit of a jumbled mess.
                  Main Rig:
                  LTD EC1000
                  Peavey 6505+
                  Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                  TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                  Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                  M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

I recently got a new Win 8 desktop and a Logitech touch pad(like the Apple one). It's taking some getting used to but I'm starting to really like it. It is a little clunky switching between interfaces but once the app store is more fleshed out there will be less of that. Having the same OS on your tablet as your pc is a pretty great idea
                    Guitars:
                    Charvel SoCal MIJ
                    Parker Nitefly M
                    Yamaha AES 620
                    Alvarez acoustic

Maps:
                    Traynor YCS 50
                    6505+112
                    Vypr 60

Comment

I recently got a new Win 8 desktop and a Logitech touch pad(like the Apple one). It's taking some getting used to but I'm starting to really like it. It is a little clunky switching between interfaces but once the app store is more fleshed out there will be less of that. Having the same OS on your tablet as your pc is a pretty great idea
                      Guitars:
                      Charvel SoCal MIJ
                      Parker Nitefly M
                      Yamaha AES 620
                      Alvarez acoustic

Maps:
                      Traynor YCS 50
                      6505+112
                      Vypr 60

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent
                        View Post

Most new PCs still have Windows 7.

No they don't.. Go to Best Buy.. Not one PC has 7.
                        HCAF Public Enemy #1
                        VHT Pittbull CLX
                        VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
                        Jackson Soloist SL2H
                        Jackson DKMG EMG 81/85 18v

Originally Posted by nedezero

You realize under Sharia law, she'll be required to get a circumcision.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent
                          View Post

Most new PCs still have Windows 7.

No they don't.. Go to Best Buy.. Not one PC has 7.
                          HCAF Public Enemy #1
                          VHT Pittbull CLX
                          VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
                          Jackson Soloist SL2H
                          Jackson DKMG EMG 81/85 18v

Originally Posted by nedezero

You realize under Sharia law, she'll be required to get a circumcision.

Comment

I'll probably get name-called for this

But just got a Vizio tablet for the wifey to fool around with. She's not hardcore user, so I thought this reman would work well for her. Aside from the horrible launcher/app manager....it's pretty nice. I like Vizio's jump on all-in-one device. IR blaster is cool, has GPS- though I haven't tested it yet. Not sure if a phone is necessary, but I see them doing that maybe. Will hook up to TV soon.

For a small player in this market...they are doing some things right.

Comment

I'll probably get name-called for this

But just got a Vizio tablet for the wifey to fool around with. She's not hardcore user, so I thought this reman would work well for her. Aside from the horrible launcher/app manager....it's pretty nice. I like Vizio's jump on all-in-one device. IR blaster is cool, has GPS- though I haven't tested it yet. Not sure if a phone is necessary, but I see them doing that maybe. Will hook up to TV soon.

For a small player in this market...they are doing some things right.

Comment

I completely hated Windows 8 when I first used it, and have resisted moving to it as my main OS so far, but that's about to change. I had installed on a VM on my machine just so I could do some compatibility testing on my machine, and after using it for a while I'm completely sold. It was crazy confusing at first and I didn't like the way it looked at all, but I can see now the reason for it. It's CRAZY fast. I generally have about 6 apps running all the time, mostly development and database tools, and even in a VM I noticed that they were running significantly faster than the same apps running on my host Win 7 machine. I think a lot of that has to do with the new minimalist UI. No more wasted CPU cycles on making everything shiny/transparent. It's just sleek and streamlined. I'm still not crazy about the color schemes and new ALL CAPS menu system, but I guess it's ok. The most important thing I've learned is that if you plan to run Win 8 on a PC/laptop, you need to know your keyboard shortcuts. All the old shortcuts are still there (Alt + F4 to close an app/shut down, Win = Start Menu, Win+D = Desktop, Win + Arrow = Move window to different monitor), but a lot of the UI buttons for those have been either removed or moved around. So long as your comfortable w/ using the keyboard to navigate the UI, I don't think you'll have any problems with. The problem comes in if you rely heavily on the mouse to get around. Win 8 was definitely designed w/ the tablet PC in mind, so many of the navigation features employ the touch screen, gestures, and special buttons that those types of devices have. For those using it on a PC, though, I think the thought was that the keyboard is still the primary UI device.
                                Gear:
                                VHT Ultralead w/ GEQ
                                Bogner Ecstasy
                                Soldano SLO
                                Mesa Trem-o-verb
                                VHT Deliverance 4x12 Cab
                                PRS Custom 22 20th Anniversary
                                PRS Tremonti SE

View My HCAF Transactions:
                                http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30459415&postcount=191

Comment

Working...
                                X