Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can afford it, XTC all the way imo.

Comment

Sahlomonic, you're welcome pretty much anytime. I don't have any plans this week except for Saturday evening.

Come, play these:

Comment

Sahlomonic, you're welcome pretty much anytime. I don't have any plans this week except for Saturday evening.

Come, play these:

Comment

I simply don't like the tone and raspy distortion I got out of an Ecstasy.
          Further from God, then Angels can fly.

Comment

Further from God, then Angels can fly.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by misle
              View Post

Come, play these:

. . . and I have a date with a lovely blonde here in an hour
              Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by misle
                View Post

Come, play these:

. . . and I have a date with a lovely blonde here in an hour
                Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wanker
                  View Post

wat
                  Some guys like a challenge. Not me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wanker
                    View Post

wat
                    Some guys like a challenge. Not me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
                      View Post

I highly recommend the Nitro.

Same here. I had the XTC classic for a while but in a band scenario, the nitro just thrashed it around like nobody's business. The XTC's problem (at least in my opinion) is that the sound coming out of the amp doesn't have a clear and powerful "oomph" to the attack and I found it struggling (not kidding here) to remain coherent in a mix with a 50 watt DSL.

It had nothing to do with the EQ'ing or the rest of the setup because once I plugged my nitro in, it was clean as a whistle and made that DSL virtually disappear from the mix. The power and sheer massive presence and wall of sound that comes out of the nitro has yet (in any amp I've owned or heard in person) to be matched and for that reason, it's always stuck around. I always keep going back to it.

Yeah the xtc has a TON of different tones and runs circles around the nitro in a recording environment when flexibilty is called for but when it comes to dishing out a 10 ton dump truck sized punch to the gut, nothing I've ever heard can deliver that like the nitro and for me personally, when I'm on stage, give me one KILLER tone and I am good. A clean channel (eh... not much use these days) and a boost for thickening up lead parts and that's all I've come to depend on these days.

Many amps have come and gone but Mufasa is still the king.

Edit: make no mistake though, I WANTED to love that XTC SOO bad. I had dreamed of owning that amp for at least 8 or 9 years and tweaked that thing till I was blue in the face but in the end, I wasn't fooling myself and for what the amp was worth, I wasn't going to TRY and like it and never be 100% happy. It hurt to sell but in the end, I guess it wasn't meant to be.
                      Guitars
                      Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                      Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
                        View Post

I highly recommend the Nitro.

Same here. I had the XTC classic for a while but in a band scenario, the nitro just thrashed it around like nobody's business. The XTC's problem (at least in my opinion) is that the sound coming out of the amp doesn't have a clear and powerful "oomph" to the attack and I found it struggling (not kidding here) to remain coherent in a mix with a 50 watt DSL.

It had nothing to do with the EQ'ing or the rest of the setup because once I plugged my nitro in, it was clean as a whistle and made that DSL virtually disappear from the mix. The power and sheer massive presence and wall of sound that comes out of the nitro has yet (in any amp I've owned or heard in person) to be matched and for that reason, it's always stuck around. I always keep going back to it.

Yeah the xtc has a TON of different tones and runs circles around the nitro in a recording environment when flexibilty is called for but when it comes to dishing out a 10 ton dump truck sized punch to the gut, nothing I've ever heard can deliver that like the nitro and for me personally, when I'm on stage, give me one KILLER tone and I am good. A clean channel (eh... not much use these days) and a boost for thickening up lead parts and that's all I've come to depend on these days.

Edit: make no mistake though, I WANTED to love that XTC SOO bad. I had dreamed of owning that amp for at least 8 or 9 years and tweaked that thing till I was blue in the face but in the end, I wasn't fooling myself and for what the amp was worth, I wasn't going to TRY and like it and never be 100% happy. It hurt to sell but in the end, I guess it wasn't meant to be.
                        Guitars
                        Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                        Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Visit my music page

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
                          View Post

You should try a newer 101b...because I think there is a pretty big difference between them...I haven't really had a problem, and the tone is definitely what I'd call thick and "oomphy"...Maybe not all Ecstasy's are created equal

Sahl, hope you enjoyed the Bogner Sextasy (as ed_sped2) calls it...Thing has some mojo
                          My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
                          Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
                            View Post

You should try a newer 101b...because I think there is a pretty big difference between them...I haven't really had a problem, and the tone is definitely what I'd call thick and "oomphy"...Maybe not all Ecstasy's are created equal

Sahl, hope you enjoyed the Bogner Sextasy (as ed_sped2) calls it...Thing has some mojo
                            My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
                            Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
                              View Post

I have. My old guitarist has one of the newest versions of the 101b (for sale at rig talk actually) and there was nothing major different between the two being played side by side. there were minor differences in the voicing but nothing big.
                              Guitars

Amps - Cabs

Visit my music page

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
                                View Post

I have. My old guitarist has one of the newest versions of the 101b (for sale at rig talk actually) and there was nothing major different between the two being played side by side. there were minor differences in the voicing but nothing big.
                                Guitars

Amps - Cabs

Visit my music page

Comment

Working...
                                X