sahlomonic

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by duncan

View Post

5153 is a fine amp....but it's not even in the same ballpark as the Ecstasy

oh over all the XTC is a better amp but I would go with a 5153 just because it does better heavy tones IMO

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by duncan

View Post

5153 is a fine amp....but it's not even in the same ballpark as the Ecstasy

oh over all the XTC is a better amp but I would go with a 5153 just because it does better heavy tones IMO

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by magh8 View Post
dont remember TBH that was like over 2 years ago... I know I ran it thru either a vader 212 or 412 as well as a mesa tradtional 412. there was just something about the red ch I didn't care for
Do you know what version of ecstasy it was? The newer ones have a little heavier tone than the older ones.

That said, no amp is for everyone, so no big deal if you didn't like it.

One of my favorite amps ever is a regular old 5150, so I dig the heavies too icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by magh8 View Post
dont remember TBH that was like over 2 years ago... I know I ran it thru either a vader 212 or 412 as well as a mesa tradtional 412. there was just something about the red ch I didn't care for
Do you know what version of ecstasy it was? The newer ones have a little heavier tone than the older ones.

One of my favorite amps ever is a regular old 5150, so I dig the heavies too icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post

it was the earlier 101B before the revision I think it was a 02...marvel mod may have changed everything...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post

it was the earlier 101B before the revision I think it was a 02...marvel mod may have changed everything...

• Members

OP, have you played a Nitro? I am loving the 2010 model I just got. It is massive sounding, and does heavy tones very well. It even blows my FJA 5150 out of the water and that has been my main metal amp for years, but it is just so much bigger sounding and very articulate.

• Members

OP, have you played a Nitro? I am loving the 2010 model I just got. It is massive sounding, and does heavy tones very well. It even blows my FJA 5150 out of the water and that has been my main metal amp for years, but it is just so much bigger sounding and very articulate.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by shane159 View Post
Haven't played a Nitro, but thanks for bringing that idea to the table. I found Drew's demo of his Nitro, and its definitely a contender. Sounds damn good from those vids.

Bryan, let me know when you and Misle want me to come over to demo that Ecstasy. smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by shane159 View Post
Haven't played a Nitro, but thanks for bringing that idea to the table. I found Drew's demo of his Nitro, and its definitely a contender. Sounds damn good from those vids.

Bryan, let me know when you and Misle want me to come over to demo that Ecstasy. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tech21man

View Post

Uberschall?

Played one at the KC ampfest, LOVED IT. Literally could not get it to have a bad sound no matter where the knobs were. The way it filled the room was fantastic. Having said that, its only 2 channels, and I want an amp with a little more articulation/transparency.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tech21man

View Post

Uberschall?

Played one at the KC ampfest, LOVED IT. Literally could not get it to have a bad sound no matter where the knobs were. The way it filled the room was fantastic. Having said that, its only 2 channels, and I want an amp with a little more articulation/transparency.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic View Post

I highly recommend the Nitro.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic View Post

I highly recommend the Nitro.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by shane159

View Post

The Ectasy that I played on had about the same, if not more gain than my Nitroidn_smilie.gif

ah I missed this. my nitro does heavy tones way better than the xtc I owned. on a side note the xtc was better than my original 08 nitro but I like almost every amp I have owned better than that {censored}er

Archived