Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by duncan
    View Post

5153 is a fine amp....but it's not even in the same ballpark as the Ecstasy

oh over all the XTC is a better amp but I would go with a 5153 just because it does better heavy tones IMO
    no more sig

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by magh8
      View Post

dont remember TBH that was like over 2 years ago... I know I ran it thru either a vader 212 or 412 as well as a mesa tradtional 412. there was just something about the red ch I didn't care for

Do you know what version of ecstasy it was? The newer ones have a little heavier tone than the older ones.

That said, no amp is for everyone, so no big deal if you didn't like it.

One of my favorite amps ever is a regular old 5150, so I dig the heavies too
      My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
      Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by magh8
        View Post

dont remember TBH that was like over 2 years ago... I know I ran it thru either a vader 212 or 412 as well as a mesa tradtional 412. there was just something about the red ch I didn't care for

Do you know what version of ecstasy it was? The newer ones have a little heavier tone than the older ones.

My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
        Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
          View Post

it was the earlier 101B before the revision I think it was a 02...marvel mod may have changed everything...
          no more sig

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
            View Post

it was the earlier 101B before the revision I think it was a 02...marvel mod may have changed everything...
            no more sig

Comment

OP, have you played a Nitro? I am loving the 2010 model I just got. It is massive sounding, and does heavy tones very well. It even blows my FJA 5150 out of the water and that has been my main metal amp for years, but it is just so much bigger sounding and very articulate.
              Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

Originally Posted by madryan

That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

Comment

OP, have you played a Nitro? I am loving the 2010 model I just got. It is massive sounding, and does heavy tones very well. It even blows my FJA 5150 out of the water and that has been my main metal amp for years, but it is just so much bigger sounding and very articulate.
                Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
                  View Post

Haven't played a Nitro, but thanks for bringing that idea to the table. I found Drew's demo of his Nitro, and its definitely a contender. Sounds damn good from those vids.

Bryan, let me know when you and Misle want me to come over to demo that Ecstasy.
                  Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
                    View Post

Haven't played a Nitro, but thanks for bringing that idea to the table. I found Drew's demo of his Nitro, and its definitely a contender. Sounds damn good from those vids.

Bryan, let me know when you and Misle want me to come over to demo that Ecstasy.
                    Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Uberschall?
                      "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

Uberschall?
                        "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tech21man
                          View Post

Uberschall?

Played one at the KC ampfest, LOVED IT. Literally could not get it to have a bad sound no matter where the knobs were. The way it filled the room was fantastic. Having said that, its only 2 channels, and I want an amp with a little more articulation/transparency.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tech21man
                            View Post

Uberschall?

Played one at the KC ampfest, LOVED IT. Literally could not get it to have a bad sound no matter where the knobs were. The way it filled the room was fantastic. Having said that, its only 2 channels, and I want an amp with a little more articulation/transparency.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic
                              View Post

I highly recommend the Nitro.

"

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic
                                View Post

I highly recommend the Nitro.

"

Comment

Working...
                                X