Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5153 vs Bogner Ecstasy . . .

Hypothetically, if one were to buy a 3 channel amp, would it be worth getting a used 5153 for half the price of a used Ecstasy? I'm familiar with the 5153, and I know it can go from nice cleans to great crunch and can easily go the brootz route, but can the Ecstasy perform as heavy? I'm not really a brootz player, but time to time I enjoy doing some Sevendust type music. What say u HCAF? Who has experience with both?
    Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic
    View Post

Hypothetically, if one were to buy a 3 channel amp, would it be worth getting a used 5153 for half the price of a used Ecstasy? I'm familiar with the 5153, and I know it can go from nice cleans to great crunch and can easily go the brootz route, but can the Ecstasy perform as heavy? I'm not really a brootz player, but time to time I enjoy doing some Sevendust type music. What say u HCAF? Who has experience with both?

The ecstasy gets heavy dude...The onboard boost on the lead channel gets you up there. You're welcome to play mine to decide.
    My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
    Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

View Post

The ecstasy gets heavy dude...The onboard boost on the lead channel gets you up there. You're welcome to play mine to decide.

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
      Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
        View Post

Would love to take you up on the offer sometime dude. Whenever you have time . . .

About the Ecstasy's boost, what can you tell me about it - as in what kind of boost. Volume? Gain? Mids?

I like the dead simplicity of the 5153 layout, but I also like the tweaking options you can do with the XTC.
        Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
          View Post

Would love to take you up on the offer sometime dude. Whenever you have time . . .

About the Ecstasy's boost, what can you tell me about it - as in what kind of boost. Volume? Gain? Mids?

I like the dead simplicity of the 5153 layout, but I also like the tweaking options you can do with the XTC.

Comment

View Post

From what I've heard it's pretty much just a gain boost...Though, on the green channel, it bumps the volume up too, which makes me think it's a gain boost...But on the lead channel, since you're so compressed as it is, there isn't really a volume boost...I don't really know actually, I'll have to mess with it tomorrow at practice

The Ecstasy is simple, don't let all the switches fool you. What's cool is, the knobs work well no matter where the switches are set. Messing with the Pre-EQ switches just changes the sound of the settings you've chosen. It's actually pretty ****************ing cool. Because you don't have to change your knobs or settings to mess with the switches.

But yeah dude, come take the thing for a test drive. It's at Matt's house...If Matt is available Saturday, we could do it then. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Comment

View Post

From what I've heard it's pretty much just a gain boost...Though, on the green channel, it bumps the volume up too, which makes me think it's a gain boost...But on the lead channel, since you're so compressed as it is, there isn't really a volume boost...I don't really know actually, I'll have to mess with it tomorrow at practice

The Ecstasy is simple, don't let all the switches fool you. What's cool is, the knobs work well no matter where the switches are set. Messing with the Pre-EQ switches just changes the sound of the settings you've chosen. It's actually pretty ****************ing cool. Because you don't have to change your knobs or settings to mess with the switches.

But yeah dude, come take the thing for a test drive. It's at Matt's house...If Matt is available Saturday, we could do it then. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Comment

I love the Ecstacy, probably the best amp I have ever played.
                Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

Originally Posted by madryan

That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

Comment

I love the Ecstacy, probably the best amp I have ever played.
                  Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Comment

I can only speak to the 5153 and it's pretty nice sounding amp for me

Comment

I can only speak to the 5153 and it's pretty nice sounding amp for me

Comment

I owned an xtc for a short time. it was a cool amp but as far as heavy goes it gets into thrash territory at its best. that being said I would to with the 5153 if you want more.
                        no more sig

Comment

I owned an xtc for a short time. it was a cool amp but as far as heavy goes it gets into thrash territory at its best. that being said I would to with the 5153 if you want more.
                          no more sig

Comment

The Ectasy that I played on had about the same, if not more gain than my Nitro

"

Comment

The Ectasy that I played on had about the same, if not more gain than my Nitro

"

Comment

Working...
                              X