Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nutter

I think he will suggest the Ritchie Blackmore head.

cheerz for that Nutter!

i actually am seriously considering that one, but the savage 120 is also on the list.....maybe just maybe an SE but i think its probably not needed, all the fancy stuff on it and extra gain.

cheerz

Comment

ENGL Tinkerbell

Have it all pimped up with a pink chassis and pink LEDs.
      Awesome.
      Guitars :
      Ibanez 5120 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo
      Ibanez 550 w/ Dimarzio Super Distortion
      Squire Strat w/ Dimarzio HS-3

Amp:
      Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier solo head
      4X12 w/ celestion v30's and G12h'30's

Effects:
      Line 6 POD 2.0
      Line 6 POD XT
      Danelectro EQ

Comment

Now its time for my question

I recently have encountered a good amount of money after selling a ton of gear, and I am quite perplexed over what my next purchase should be. I'm a high-gain kind of guy, and will be playing progressive, tech, death metal with it. I also have extremely high clean standards though, and use it plenty. (If you can believe it) I have an Uber right now, and a Bogner closed back, slant, 4x12 cab that I run it through. Here are my thoughts:

- I love the Cobra, but I really want to see what Lynch's amp will have to offer being a huge fan.

- After hearing what ENGLs can do, I have become very interested in them. All I know about them though is what I've read from the Rock Solid Amps website.

- Bogner XTC - What can I say that hasn't been said, I just love this amp

- Matchless DC 30 - I've always wanted one, and I believe they could quite possibly have the single greatest clean tone ever.

Anyways...sorry for the gigantic post, and any help will be greatly appreciated.
        George Lynch: "You're a cool kid, you know that?

"Yeah, I get that alot."

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S
          ENGL Tinkerbell

Have it all pimped up with a pink chassis and pink LEDs.
          Awesome.

I
          www.hvcimport.com

Comment

Maybe been answered before but what are the major differences of the Engl amps ? or better the main music genre of each amp ?

I think :
            thunder :
            - great cleans
            - bluesy
            - rock / classic rock

screamer:
            - like the thunder but also
            - modern rock/ metal

rbs :
            - like the screamer but
            - 100w
            - more features

fireball :

powerball:

savage:

Comment

Originally posted by boloman

I
              Why does Mesa hate Australia?

Comment

I can Now officially bump this thread as an owner. This is the one that did it all. This was the Gas thread. Now I'm part of the Fam.

Peace

Slay

Peace

Slay

"You will do what I say when I say
                Back to the Front!!!"

Comment

Hello guys,

here is my Engl Powerball Full Stack. It has changed. I sold one slant cabinet and bought a straight one.

The Powerball is a cool Amp but I wish it had an open sound.
                  www.soundcloud.com/robertperske

Comment

bump
                    Peace

Slay

Back to the Front!!!"

Comment

• Bump
                      Peace

Slay

Back to the Front!!!"

Comment

• How does that new Engl XXL 4X12 compare with the Vintage and Standard cabs?

Comment

• I thought you guys might appreciate some of my work. If you want me to record your settings, send me a PM.

Need custom rig graphics, band logos, CD art, metal or plastic nameplates? E-mail me: hal9000
                          Samples: NEW! Blonde Tremoverb | VHT 50CL | Blackface 2-Chan Recto | Metal Logo | Logo | Andy’s Rig | Logo 2 | Bass Rig

My Gig Rig | My Band: Afraid Dave
                          My Backup Rig | My Wet/Dry Setup

Mesa F-series: NEW! FX LOOP MASTER VOLUME | Audition Settings (web) (printable) (printable blanks)
                          F-100 Clips, Clean: Haunting | One Night’s Sleep, Mid Gain: Strong Woman | High Gain: Dig | Sludge | COC-Infinte War | COC-It Is That Way

Mesa F-series Owner’s Lounge

Comment

• hal9000, i like the look of those front panels. it got me thinking, too. i like the blue LED for the cleen channel of the Powerball. would it be possible to change out one or two LED's from the front panel of an actual ENGL?
                            SPAM:
                            Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 - $350 (like-new, studio use only... smokeless environment)
                            ESP LTD Explorer, pre-lawsuit Gibson-style body, dot inlays, black - $600 (slightly-used, great condition. barely noticeable small ding on headstock)

My Avatar - Bianca Beauchamp

Comment

• I love my Engl!

Seriously...I played it yesterday at practice. It sounds more crushing every time I play it that loud. I couldn't believe the tone I was getting. Love it!
                              -Fender Vintage 60's Original Tele
                              -Fender American Deluxe Tele
                              -Caparison TAT
                              -Ibanez RG1550
                              -Ibanez PGM301
                              -Ibanez JEM7VWH
                              -Peavey 5150
                              -Mesa Boogie 4x12
                              -POD XT Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatGreen
                                hal9000, i like the look of those front panels. it got me thinking, too. i like the blue LED for the cleen channel of the Powerball. would it be possible to change out one or two LED's from the front panel of an actual ENGL?
                                Thanks!

Unfortunately, I can't really answer the question until I know how your amp is constructed, but in general electrically YES it is possible.

Physically:
                                If the front panel and all controls are mounted to a PC board, then the change may not be worth the time investment. You would likely have to remove every single knob to pull the front panel PCB off.

If the LEDs are mounted to the front panel and attached to the PCB with flying leads, then the physical change should be straight forward.

Electrically:
                                Different LED types and colors require differing bias to light them to consistent luminosity. So, in general, you will likely have to change the LED and the resistor used to bias it to get a satisfactory result. Some LEDs have the resistor built-in BTW.

I can tell you how to figure out what you need, I just have to have more information about the construction and the electrical specs.
                                Need custom rig graphics, band logos, CD art, metal or plastic nameplates? E-mail me: hal9000
                                Samples: NEW! Blonde Tremoverb | VHT 50CL | Blackface 2-Chan Recto | Metal Logo | Logo | Andy’s Rig | Logo 2 | Bass Rig

My Gig Rig | My Band: Afraid Dave
                                My Backup Rig | My Wet/Dry Setup

Mesa F-series: NEW! FX LOOP MASTER VOLUME | Audition Settings (web) (printable) (printable blanks)
                                F-100 Clips, Clean: Haunting | One Night’s Sleep, Mid Gain: Strong Woman | High Gain: Dig | Sludge | COC-Infinte War | COC-It Is That Way

Mesa F-series Owner’s Lounge

Comment

• Working...
                                  X