Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is your winter schedule?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got shows this weekend and next, and then my calendar is open because the band is done! Yikes!

Lots of possibilities in the hopper for next year, though. A piano/ soft drum duet (likely won't happen), a modern cover band 4-piece (promising so far) doing the bar circuit, a wedding/ event band with keys and horns doing a lot of groovy tunes (YES!!!!), and possibly even an `80s pop thing. Hmmm.
    Music, music, I hear music
    Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Comment

The first 8 months of 2012, we basically averaged two nights a month.

From September on, it's been more like twice that, with 4 nights a month for us. Actually, in September, we had three nights, in October, we had 5 nights, for November (officially wintertime), we had a whoppin' 8 nights and in December, we will have 5 nights. In January, we are scheduled for 4 nights. Averaging out from Sept to January, that's 5 nights a month.

So our wintertime is actually going very well at the moment!
      (This is my Non-Signature.)

Comment

That's great brother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tim_7string
        View Post

The first 8 months of 2012, we basically averaged two nights a month.

From September on, it's been more like twice that, with 4 nights a month for us. Actually, in September, we had three nights, in October, we had 5 nights, for November (officially wintertime), we had a whoppin' 8 nights and in December, we will have 5 nights. In January, we are scheduled for 4 nights. Averaging out from Sept to January, that's 5 nights a month.

So our wintertime is actually going very well at the moment!

Comment

We don't play a lot. We have NYE booked

For providong sound:

Dec 7 & 8:comedians

Dec 22: 3 bands

Dec 28: 2 bands

Possibly Dec 26
          PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

We don't play a lot. We have NYE booked

For providong sound:

Dec 7 & 8:comedians

Dec 22: 3 bands

Dec 28: 2 bands

Possibly Dec 26
            PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Funny how things play out... we *just* booked a new room for this Friday. It's a new venue down near the beach and this is their second weekend being open. We'll see how it goes - hopefully, we can add this to our "reliable" room list in the future.
              * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
              My cover band

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

Comment

November and December were / will be our biggest 2 month stretch as a band. 10 shows in November and 6 in December...with multiple gigs in the $700-$1200 range. Very very good way to close out the year. The downside is that we're all a little burnt out and our singer's voice is definitely fatigued (partly due to working so much and partly due to a nasty cold).

Next year is going to be a slight tick down in the clubs for us. One room decided to start capping their bands at $400 a night...we politely declined. Another room passed us over for the 1st quarter...not sure why. We'd been pretty successful with them for about 2 years straight. They did indicate they'd touch base in Jan...so maybe we'll get another opportunity. I'm hopeful but not really counting on it.

The plus side for next year is we've landed in the rotation in 2 rooms that pay $1200 and $1k which is huge for us. Also making our debut in Dec in an $800 room with another gig booked for Feb. We expect to knock this gig out of the park and get in their rotation for the long haul. So there are some good things in the hopper in terms of higher paying gigs, but I think the number of gigs we'll play in 2013 will drop. I still think we'll be close to about 50 for the year though which is right around our target of 50-60. This year we played 64, in 2011 we played 52 if I remember right.

To supplement, we're really digging in trying to get some festival type gigs in the summer. Also we're putting MAX effort over the next 2 months into redoing our promo stuff, making a new promo video, etc, and going after the private market and more A list clubs when we get it done. We know it won't be easy, but we're really going to go after it hard and try to make it happen.
                Christian

SpaceCat
                www.spacecatband.com

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Originally Posted by wheresgrant3

Our singer is basically butchering the Grade A material into deli meat, but don't fear... the crowd is there for big sandwiches.

Comment

We are a hobby/dad cover band. We'll play a modest size restaurant/bar on the Dec. 21st and may play NYE. We usually get a good crowd at this venue, and according to Facebook it is going to be packed more than usual. That's plenty for of gigs for me.
                  Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy19
                    View Post

November and December were / will be our biggest 2 month stretch as a band. 10 shows in November and 6 in December...with multiple gigs in the $700-$1200 range. Very very good way to close out the year. The downside is that we're all a little burnt out and our singer's voice is definitely fatigued (partly due to working so much and partly due to a nasty cold).

Nice. It cool to see you guys move through the 'ranks', improving your shows, venues and setlist material. I remember when you first came here and you were a 'wee' band. Now you are growing into a 'mighty oak'. LOL
                    so over this signature BS!!!

Comment

View Post

Nice. It cool to see you guys move through the 'ranks', improving your shows, venues and setlist material. I remember when you first came here and you were a 'wee' band. Now you are growing into a 'mighty oak'. LOL
                      so over this signature BS!!!

Comment

I have 5 gigs scheduled through mid January 2013.
                        Video playing guitar at the beach - www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
                        Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum - www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8
                        Broken Hearted Surfer - Original Surf music and video featuring local Florida surfers - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFXhNoRhHw

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wheresgrant3
                          View Post

Yeah...definitely due to lots of advice from you all on here. NO more music stand, better look, better gigs, better venues, WAY better songs, etc etc. We really have a good resume of clubs on our roster now. The next step is to get impeccable promo materials and go after more A rooms and the private market. Our resume speaks for itself...now if we can get the promo together to show these rooms what they'll get when they hire us, I think we can take another step forward for sure.

Adding the keyboard has been huge too. Even though we're still only using it for 3 songs a show...it's been a big addition. Working on Safety Dance soon...that'll be a 4th...
                          Christian

SpaceCat
                          www.spacecatband.com

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Our singer is basically butchering the Grade A material into deli meat, but don't fear... the crowd is there for big sandwiches.

Comment

View Post

Yeah...definitely due to lots of advice from you all on here. NO more music stand, better look, better gigs, better venues, WAY better songs, etc etc.

That's a pretty cool endorsement to a bunch of `net nerds! Good for you guys! Sounds like a great end to the year.
                            Music, music, I hear music
                            Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY
                              View Post

That's a pretty cool endorsement to a bunch of `net nerds! Good for you guys! Sounds like a great end to the year.

Thank you.

And truly...this forum is more than just a bunch of net nerds. All cheese aside, there is a wealth of knowledge here that we all can benefit from.
                              Christian

SpaceCat
                              www.spacecatband.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mstreck
                                View Post

Our venues tell us that our crowds are still better than most/all of the other bands that they have

Same!! I've been disappointed with most of the crowds since fall, but the venues are telling us that we're doing better than most of the other bands... it's baffling me.. I would generally think it's the economy, as I'm STILL hurting from the recession, personally. But after seeing the numbers from black friday weekend, people are clearly spending big bucks again.. just not going out as much.. makes even less sense.
                                Epihpone LP and Dot.
                                Fender American Strat HSS
                                Blackstar Stage-100 Head, 2x12 Blackstar Cab
                                Marshall 4x10 Cab
                                Pedals, pedals, and more pedals. Favs include CH-1, NS-1, FlexDrive, Digitach Supernatural Reverb, Digitech Hardwire Digital Delay, MXR Carbon Copy analog delay.- WALL OF SOUND

Comment

Working...
                                X