Are "aux sends" on a mixer for monitors??

• Members

I know there's separate channels for monitors on a mixer, but are they called auxilary sends? or something else?

Well sort off. Generally you have pre & post fader aux sends. For monitors, it's best to use pre-fader so that moving the faders to dial in the foh mix won't effect the monitor mix. You could also use them for any different mix you might want like a recording mix or a mix for TV / Radio, etc. Post fader aux sends are generally used for effects processors like reverb and delay.

• Members

I tried the kustom jellymizer...piece of crap...and worse then that was when my B- jellymizer quit right in the middle of breakfast!! I should have listened...jelly once....belly once!!

I have the vintage jellymizer pro and it works great. I don't know why all you gear snobs always have to talk trash about affordable gear. Not everyone can afford to shell out hundreds of dollars especially when nobody will be able to tell the difference when they eat it.

• Members

Jelly-ho gents.

While this is great fun, I just want to make sure the question of the orginal poster gets answered. Here is little AUX 101.

As flanc has already pointed out there are two different types of AUX sends. These are called "pre-fade" or "post-fade" or "pre or "post" for short. "Post" means the signal is taking after the volume fader so all changes (level, EQ, mute) you make to the channel are made to the Aux as well. That's typically used for outboard Effects processors.

"Pre-fade" is taken before the fader and is typically used for monitor mixer. Unfortunately it's not entirely consistent where exactly the signal is taken from. Some "Pre-fade" are before EQ and before Mute and some are after. I vaguely remember that on some A&H boards you can actually open up the board and jumper the combination that you want. In any case, it's advisable to consult you mixer's manual and see if that contains this information.

IMO best pre-fade point is pre EQ and post Mute but that's personal preference.

Now back to the toast at hand ...

• Members

This is thread is not right.

you know, some times I don't ahve enoiugh ttime to mak ea coffee in the moring so what I do is I make a program in bluelite, and hook up the DMX switch. This way it turns the coffee maker on about 15 min before I get up. it also work with the waffel maker.

Fo ra joke once, my buddy was sleeping down stair, so I pulled it out of the coffe maker, and plugged it in to the very loud food processor. That one was funny.

but since we are talking jelly, what kind do you like the most?

• Members

jelly is far more interesting.

besides, we could have derailed this into another 0dbu reference or ground issues thread. those are also interesting.

not as interesting as jelly though.

the real answer to your original question is:

aux sends are for creating additional mixes. you could use this to create a parallel effect, feed subs, monitors, fills, anything.

Archived