Re-Load Audio Centron 200 W.

• Members

Greetings:

Retired, still playing a little...1. keyboards and keyboard bass w/ vocalist at restaurants and

2. Keyboards w/ Motown group..vocal harmony & keys at rehearsals so,

need a "full" sound and good quality at rehearsals and at restaurant GIGs

Limited income(social security).......New PV SP-2's too much $$, but I like their sound.........I would like to replicate to this quality, if possible?!?

I power with Crest CA-6 400 W. @ 8 ohms (600 W @ 4 ohm)

Need to replace 20 year old 15" woofers and horn drivers (one hi feed back episode keeps blowing the EV replacement drivers at $49.00 a piece).

Please recommend hi quality replacements for the 15" speakers and a different, up to date driver......don't know about cross-over

Thanks gentlemen

• Members
New PV SP-2's too much $$, but I like their sound.........I would like to replicate to this quality, if possible?!?

Are the horn drivers screw-on? You could just get the drivers that are in an SP2 - but Peavey's Impulse 1015's have those same drivers and are much lighter, plus I've seen them used for close to the cost of just the drivers new :). I picked up a pair of the 12" versions for ~$500 delivered :cool:.

• Members

nectar maybe you could post the model numbers of the speakers you need help with. maybe someone has something in their garage or has an idea what could be a replacement. if the original parts cant be located then emminence might be a place to start.

• Members

Suggestion, this is the time to look at replacing the entire cabinet with a new system. A piecemeal replacement of components is likely to get you much worse results and the same cost.

Look at some used Yamaha Club 115's, cheap and way better than what you have and as good as what you are looking at. It's a known quantity.

Archived