Starting to think we have too much rig for our gigs...

• Members

Nothing strange there. My FOH rack has a MiniMac mounted inside beside an Airport router. I carry two other laptops that I need also. As hard as it was, I was really considering a 30" deep rack so I could mount a cluster of 3-4 Mac Xserves. Now I am working on how to install the 17" monitor for the Mini on top of my FOH rack. I want to have it swivel up 90

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Axisplayer View Post
But Andy, laptops are lighter than analog consoles. I will carry all of them from the picture ZX posted before I want to wheel another 48 channel PM4K into place. ;-)
Yes, but a 48ch. PM4K does offer a lot of real estate to pile up the computer stuff:

http://www.audiopile.net/Technical_Library/IMG_6857.JPG

• Members

Mark, I knew you could relate to the comment! I really like seeing the size of FOH and racks, and then seeing the little light console on the left. I do LOVE the White EQs you have. Haven't spent any time with one that had faders, but I have spent a lot of time with their rotary EQs. Seriously good sounding gear.

I do think I could manage to get 4-6 laptops across that console....if you can tell me where they plug into that board.... ;-)

Post this pic in the thread where someone didn't know what a doghouse was. It is a pretty good shot of one in combat.

• Members
I really like seeing the size of FOH and racks, and then seeing the little light console on the left.
I'm guessing you'll get a kick out of this picture, as the previous picture had a wireless mic obscuring the manufacture's name of the "mixer" sitting on the knobs of the PM4K:

http://www.audiopile.net/Technical_Library/IMG_7100.JPG

BTW: That little 12ch. Leprecon lighting console was just so we could have some control at FOH over the lighting rig if need be (back-up controller). The lighting rig was operated on stage with a foot controller (preset scenes) by the headliner band... the headliner was the only band that played after sunset during that festival.

• Members

So lets see...

White EQs
Yamaha console
Midas box (wonder what came in that?)
Audiocontrol RTA (almost bought one last..almost new condition and guy wanted $300 with mic.)
Behringer rack gear and toy mixer?

So....whats wrong with that picture? Hmmm....somethings don't fit. (OK, I did have a few ADA8000 preamps for the 01v96 until I went Presonus D8)

• Members
So lets see...

White EQs
Yamaha console
Midas box (wonder what came in that?)
Audiocontrol RTA (almost bought one last..almost new condition and guy wanted $300 with mic.)
Behringer rack gear and toy mixer?

So....whats wrong with that picture? Hmmm....somethings don't fit. (OK, I did have a few ADA8000 preamps for the 01v96 until I went Presonus D8)
Not shown in the picture is the Lexicon, Eventide, and Drawmer gear... which is racked below the White EQ's (re-checking... I guess the Drawmer comps are in the rack above the White EQ's... and above the Drawmer comps are a couple of URIE quad gates).

eh?

The "Midas Box" is simply a Midas EZ tilt stand for the 4K.

There isn't any Behringer rack gear, but the "toy mixer" is a Behringer MIDI controller, which was the "soundguy friendly" work surface for the computer based mixing audiopile supplied by the headliner.

Oh... and: I had nothing to do with the "sign"... some concerned citizen did that.

I did get a chance to sit in my stool (shown in the photo)... somewhere around 12 hrs. after that photo... while loading out in a rainstorm... the last thing left to go in my truck was my stool... so I sat in it for a full 10 seconds before loading it in the truck... just to see what it felt like.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dboomer

View Post

And to think ... next year you'll be able to replace it all with an iPhone 6 wink.gif

I might be interested... is it bigger, and does it have more cool knobs, buttons, and meters? And can I take it apart and scatter it all over the shop and tinker with it's ticker and then put it all back together during a long winter weekend?

Archived