Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just meant with a few knob turns I would be able to tweak an effect in real time. Actually that really isn't so important. I really just want to be able to to edit, set, access a few effects presets easily with the amp models turned completely off. I want a small footprint. I want easy access to the Whammy Effect. This is for 100% live use.

I actually have the RP350, which is a step up from the model this post is based on. I used to have a Whammy 2 when they first came out years ago and the Whammy model included here sounds every bit as good to my ears with the added benefit of storing multiple presets of the Whammy (the Whammy 2 only offered 2 memory slots). Actually, the bypass in this unit is a ton better than the bybass of the Whammy 2 which dramatically colored the guitar signal. All other effect can be bypassed (or set to direct in the case of the amp sims) to use the effects section only. However, you can not use the Whammy with another modulation effect. You can combine the Whammy with both the delay and reverb however.

As far as easy to program, that's very subjective. I feel the unit is extremely intuative but I've owned several different multi-fx units in the past. On the RP250, there are quite a few parameters which can not be accessed without a computer. With the RP350, it's not quite as bad.

Altering parameters in real time? Not an issue, just assign it to the expression pedal and go.

GC stocks them, however that is a poor test environment. With the low cost, I recommend getting one and trying it out with your rig. If you don't like it, take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee.
    Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

• wow - this sounds sooo much better than the Floor POD
      My Original Music:
      Goetic Circle
      Ashes of the Magician
      UNDEAD PRIEST
      In the Name of Majestic Hellfire

Comment

• Tried a 250. Bypass or amp models off (direct) still colored the amp. Seems processing was still on even when not active. My POD XTL does the same thing. I asked the sales guy and he said it's the processing of signals that cause the lack of "true" direct sound. I tried the 250 along side the new Foot POD. Same results.

Comment

• Tried a 250. Bypass or amp models off (direct) still colored the amp. Seems processing was still on even when not active. My POD XTL does the same thing. I asked the sales guy and he said it's the processing of signals that cause the lack of "true" direct sound. I tried the 250 along side the new Foot POD. Same results.

The Digi units will color the signal slightly when engaged even when everything is turned off. However whenthe unit is actually bypassed, I believe most of the color you're hearing is the loading of cables. Try any true bypass pedal (Digitech manual claims a true analog bypass) and you'll hear what I'm talking about. If you're using it as effect only in the loop of an amp, the issue is easily remedied by bypassing the loop. Any effect you're using is coloring your guitar signal anyway.

If using it in front for Wah, Whammy, and stomps then you have to ask yourself whether the units benefits out weigh the slight coloration. Honestly, I think in this price range with the features offered I think worrying about slight signal coloration is a little nit picky.
          Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

• If using it in front for Wah, Whammy, and stomps then you have to ask yourself whether the units benefits out weigh the slight coloration. Honestly, I think in this price range with the features offered I think worrying about slight signal coloration is a little nit picky.

+1 on dat!
            Memeber of the Blues Brigade

Comment

• My report is that I still can't get any sounds from my rp250 to the computer. I still like this device, but since I bought it for my practice room, I would like to be able to hear the great tones coming out of my speakers.

Any other suggestions?

For me, I connect the USB cable from the RP250 to the computer. It makes the Da-Donk sound that you've connected it to the computer and it shows up as an audio device. Go into the control panel (switch to classic view) and double-click "Sounds and Audio Devices". If you click on the Audio tab, you may notice that the RP250 is now both the Sound Playback device and the Sound Recording Device. This means all sound that your computer makes, will pipe down into the RP250 from now on. Make sure you're plugged into the headphone jack on the RP250. If I recall correctly, no sound comes out of the desktop speakers. To get the guitar sound to your desktop speakers, run a male-to-male stereo cable from the headphone jack of the RP250, to the blue Sound-In jack on your sound card.

It may be possible to do it through USB and adjusting the Audio Playback settings, but I'm not sure. I just thought it was really cool how my computer sound comes out through the RP250. Makes using Guitar Pro and the RP 250 together easy.

When recording on a program like Audacity, recording is easy. When the RP250 is set as the Sound Recording device, the only recording option shows up as "Microphone" and is selected by default in programs like this.

Unfortunately I don't think you can just digitally pipe the RP250 sound through the desktop speakers in Windows, because you only select one audio playback device at a time. You can't get the digital output of the RP250 into the sound card because you have to select the RP250 to get the sound in, and when you select it, it essentially turns off your sound card. Just do it analog style by going headphone out to Aux-in on the soundcard and you're in business.

Comment

• To all owners,
                I live in a old THIN walled duplex. Can I plug my guitar into the pedal and plug into the headphone jack and jam, with no-one to hear me.
                This forum is awesome. I'm sorry if my questions are mondaine and stupid, but I have little funds and would like to find a FXs pedal that will please me and incorperate into my recording.

Comment

• Hey,
                  Has anyone tried recording their vocals though this. Let me know if the FXs work.

Comment

• A couple of questions....hope I'm not repeating any....

1. What comes in the box?

2. Can you program the foot switches for your favorite settings? ie; Left pedal = preset 8, and right pedal = preset 22.

Thanks!

This unit looks to be just what I'm looking for.

Comment

• I have tried it today using in front of an amp..it was actually a Marshall jcm800 half stack..
                      The dist actually sounded pretty much ok..but it was a rehearsal so i had no time to play with it and tweak its best... but i will try that in the near future for sure..
                      Now i am even more certain that i can use it alone for everything, dist and fx, for some not so important gigs, directly to the PA..so that i don't need to lug my amp..

Comment

• gtar_bahr:
                        Yes you can plug in your guitar and use headphones with no amp i use this when mom and dad is sleeping
                        and

Sennin:
                        #1: the rp250 power supply and instructions NO USbCABLE!!! i found this out lol.
                        #2 no

Good luck
                        odo

Comment

• gtar_bahr:
                          Yes you can plug in your guitar and use headphones with no amp i use this when mom and dad is sleeping
                          and

Sennin:
                          #1: the rp250 power supply and instructions NO USbCABLE!!! i found this out lol.
                          #2 no

Good luck
                          odo

Thanks!

Comment

• Odo:
                            Thank You!!!!

Comment

• all i knows is i LOVES MINE. makes my little amp sing like no other.
                              Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

• Wow...
                                Lots of info here.....

Anyone tried the Bass man setting with a bass??

I am looking for a pedal mostly for guitar but I occasionally play bass and would like to have a pedal with a decent bass sound.....

If the Bass man setting worked OK I could set up a patch for my bass and lug only 1 box.....

Thanks...
                                Medicated for Your Protection

Comment

Working...
                                X