Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dougsthang,

I couldn't agree more.

Comment

• My band does a lot of Jethro Tull covers. I just tried the vocalist with the song Heavy Horses which has a lot of Ian Anderson harmony.

THIS THING IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just used the TENORS preset, added a bit of PC and VOILA!

Its So COOL!

Bill

Comment

• Hi, VL4 fans.

Don't know if this can be useful to anyone... Just did it to "record" my best setups in case of a factory reset.... It prints on one page with all details... Values can just be written in the cases as needed.

Ph

Comment

• Open it with what?

Comment

• Thanks Ph

That will be useful. It is really nice to see everything on one page. It will be useful for keeping track of my favorite presets, but also just seeing all the options on one page gives me more ideas for things to try.

Thanks for sharing.

Geckoland

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by gc24
              View Post

Open it with what?

Just unzip it and use MS Excell ... or OpenOffice of course....

Cheers

Comment

• Ok, don't have either.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by gc24
                  View Post

Ok, don't have either.

Go get Open Office its free and it will do everything Microsoft office will do but cost you $0.00. That is if you are NOT running on a MAC.

http://download.openoffice.org/

Also find winzip.

Serjr

Comment

• Thanks, I already have Win zip and rar.

Comment

• Anderton,

I really need your help. I just read your TECH TIP: Compressors Demystified article at Musician's Friend website. Excellent article! Could you please help me make sense of the values used by Digitech on the VL4 Comp/Gate section? The values they use seem to have no relationship to anything I have ever encountered in my years working with compressors. How does the 1.0-5.0 used by Digitech relate to traditional ratio values? How does a range of 0-99 relate to setting Threshold in terms of decibels (I've read the 0 equals 0db and 99 equals -40 db) Wouldn't it have made more sense to make 0 equals 0db and -40 equals -40db??? How does the range of 1-9 relate to milliseconds for setting Attack/Release? It might have been better to use traditional values? Can you please help me make sense of it all? Thanks.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Serjr
                        View Post

Go get Open Office its free and it will do everything Microsoft office will do but cost you $0.00. That is if you are NOT running on a MAC.

http://download.openoffice.org/

Also find winzip.

Serjr

Open Office runs just fine on OSX-based Macs, I use it on my dual G5 all the time You just need the X11 shell or dookie or whatever it is...you can get all the details from the OpenOffice.org site.
                        CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Michael Angel
                          View Post

Anderton,

I really need your help. I just read your TECH TIP: Compressors Demystified article at Musician's Friend website. Excellent article! Could you please help me make sense of the values used by Digitech on the VL4 Comp/Gate section? The values they use seem to have no relationship to anything I have ever encountered in my years working with compressors. How does the 1.0-5.0 used by Digitech relate to traditional ratio values? How does a range of 0-99 relate to setting Threshold in terms of decibels (I've read the 0 equals 0db and 99 equals -40 db) Wouldn't it have made more sense to make 0 equals 0db and -40 equals -40db??? How does the range of 1-9 relate to milliseconds for setting Attack/Release? It might have been better to use traditional values? Can you please help me make sense of it all? Thanks.

It wouldn't surprise me if the ratio control actually relates to the ratio. As to the rest, it's best to adjust with your ears anyway...it's difficult to relate arbitrary values to "real numbers." All you really need to know is "lower threshold means more squashing" and you'll be okay
                          CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by minstrel29
                            View Post

My band does a lot of Jethro Tull covers. I just tried the vocalist with the song Heavy Horses which has a lot of Ian Anderson harmony.

THIS THING IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just used the TENORS preset, added a bit of PC and VOILA!

Its So COOL!

Bill

Wow, another Tull cover act, wish you lived close to us! Have you tried it on "Songs from the wood" yet?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by RainsongDR1000
                              View Post

Wow, another Tull cover act, wish you lived close to us! Have you tried it on "Songs from the wood" yet?

Not yet but its on my list to try!

Comment

• ph dal,

Your spreadsheet is phenomenal!!! Digitech should put you on the payroll and send you a big fat check.

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X