DigiTech Vocalist Live 4 (VL4)

Anderton

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hubcaps2

View Post

My VL4 is now 3 years old and it's got a fault which I think is in the mic pre-amp stage. The unit works OK for a while then at frequent intervals produces a short duration VERY loud distorted "spike" in the output.

Anyone had a similar fault and if so was it easy to get repaired ?

An update :

I took the VL4 to a technician who solved the problem by doing a factory reset...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by hubcaps2

View Post

An update :

I took the VL4 to a technician who solved the problem by doing a factory reset...

Thanks for the tip! I guess it's important to remember that in today's microprocessor-driven gear, the occasional reboot is probably a good idea...as long as you remember to save your patches first, so you can reload them.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members
On 9/21/2007 at 8:20 AM, Anderton said:

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouguys View Post
Question for anyone who can answer it:

Can the effects from the guitar effects section be applied to the 'guitar thru' signal?

As far as I can tell, no...guitar thru is just to pick off the guitar signal then send it along to your subsequent amplification system.

Good Morning I have a VL4 and want to change the utility parameters. I can change the settings but cant save the settings. There is no instruction in the manual on how to exit this mode and save the changes made? I have tried everything under the sun! You can change the Utility settings and they will function as required until you power down & when powered up still as the factory default. There has to be a procees to save the changes ???

I have 6 digfitech products & this is  the only one I cant sort out with the manual. Would really appreciate any help you can offer. Its probably just one press of one or two buttons?

TIA Russell

• Members

Help Help Help with Digitech VL-4

Sorry just posting again as I was not sure if my question was posted as a new member.

Good Morning I have a VL4 and want to change the utility parameters. I can change the settings but cant save the settings. There is no instruction in the manual on how to exit this mode and save the changes made? I have tried everything under the sun! You can change the Utility settings and they will function as required until you power down & when powered up still as the factory default. There has to be a procees to save the changes ???

I have 6 digfitech products & this is  the only one I cant sort out with the manual. Would really appreciate any help you can offer. Its probably just one press of one or two buttons?

TIA Russell

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I have been having issues on and off again when I use my Vocalist Live 4 connected to my electric guitar pedalboard with ten pedals.

Typically everything starts out fine but then about an hour into using my set up my signal starts cutting in and out intermittently. I narrowed the problem down to the output of the 1/4" connector going from VL4 to my pedalboard...it happens mostly when I play a tune with overdrive or distortion but not always.

It's not the unit though because I bought a second one after having used the first one for over 10 years but I have the same problem with the new one!!! AND when I use my acoustic guitar directly into the VL4...it works fine with no problems at all.

The problem only happens on my band gig when I connect the VL4 to my pedalboard

Archived