New song "Daughter" Now Uploaded

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice.

Comment

Okay, the revised version is up - I replaced the link in the first post with the new one. Adding the extra percussion accents made a HUGE difference - unexpectedly so. It changes the vibe of the song quite a bit...moves it along in a more energetic fashion. After that, I didn't see the need for any more "played" parts.

And yes, I tweaked pitch on the vocals

Thanks everybody!
      Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I don't like giving people advice on how their songs should sound, which is why I've waited until the finished version has been posted before giving my opinion

This is a very sweet song with simple (in a good way) lyrics and heart-felt delivery. Your voice suits this kind of thing. Atmospheric, clever backing as well. I wonder if your daughter has heard it yet...

It could be a double A-side with my song 'Superdad'
        smoke - new album
        the mirror - album
        storm - album
        the asylum - forum

Comment

Glad you like it, Mark. It is pretty straightforward. But it's all your fault.. Your."Only After You" was the first ballad I'd done, and I was surprised that it turned out okay...so now I figure it's acceptable for me to do things that are less than 100 BPM
          Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
          X