Guess who's baby this is,................

boosh

IMG_1999.jpg

I dropped Brucie an email the other day and he dropped a dime and gave me a call to chat a bit, and then he sent me those same pictures, along with a really cool MP3 of a new band he's working with doing "New York State Of Mind". Really cool stuff. I thought that picture of his Harrison with his reading glasses sitting there was really cool.

I can relate to the glasses. I can't work without a pair myself these days. ;)

• Members

I dropped Brucie an email the other day and he dropped a dime and gave me a call to chat a bit, and then he sent me those same pictures, along with a really cool MP3 of a new band he's working with doing "New York State Of Mind". Really cool stuff. I thought that picture of his Harrison with his reading glasses sitting there was really cool.

I can relate to the glasses. I can't work without a pair myself these days.
;)

I love the picture Phil,...Russ sent it to me(I think he made it also)

The leather on the Harrison reminded me of your forehead a bit ;) .

I love the picture Phil,...Russ sent it to me(I think he made it also)

The leather on the Harrison reminded me of your forehead a bit
;)

Yeah, Bruce told me about the visit with Russ. Sounded like everyone had a good time.

As for the armrest leather, it's the same consistency, minus the tan. :p;):D

• Members

"Guys, I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except once my pants are on, I make gold records." - "Bruce Dickinson"

HHHHHhhahahahhahaha,... I just clicked this for the first time Phil,... never saw it,...haha COOL!

• Members

Nice - I wish we could see more of it.

Russ actually sended me a bunch of pics but he or Bruce is on them each time and I don't know if they want their pic posted by me. I don't even know if I was supposed to post this one but I took the chance because it is such a Damn great one,.. with the glasses and all.

So unless He or Russ posts more pics this is what you get ;)

Hell wouldn't I love to smell that leather and ride those faders,.........

• Members

I learned how to mix on a Harrison. :eek:

As I was looking at the picture I though it looked just like the one we had at the Haynes House at MTSU.

I'm amazed that this is what Bruce has in his studio. We always thought the one we used was somewhat noisy. Probably had more to do with a bunch of students being responsible for maintenance.

• Members

Mudcat, which model Harrison did they have at your school?

I have no idea. It looked just like the one in Bruce's studio. They installed it in either 1981 or 1982. I came there as a junior in 1983.

I don't think they are using it anymore. They have three other state of the art studios on campus now. I have no idea what happened to the Harrison when the new studios were built.

• Members

I recorded a couple of albums on the Harrison at Paradise in Sydney and Armstrongs in Melbourne.

There were basically 3 consoles in the same price range at the time - The MCI 500, the Harrison and the Auditronics. I had a MCI 500 at Music Farm and it was similar to the Harrison but I thought the nicest sounding, with nicest EQ was the Auditronics at Fast Forward studios in Melbourne.

The first thing I learnt about US recording studios was that the top studios spend a lot of time and money modifying their 'off the shelf' consoles.

I watched Dean Jensen over a few weekends totally modify Michael Pinder's (Moody Blues) console at Malibu. He added Jensen input transformers, altered the EQ curves, modified the bussing system, changed gain structures, tuned all the output transformers and increased the signal to noise by 30db!!

I suspect that Bruce's console has been modified a lot. ;)

BTW - if Bruce reads this thread my I add "Happy Anniversary for the 25th anniversary of Thriller". A true Classic.

• Members

Somehow, I can't get the image of Bruce, a Mixing Legend, listening to a mixdown of the 'best of the best'...with that little flower-with-sunglasses in the background wiggling and shaking to the beat.

I find that hysterical, for some reason.

Sorry. Obviously I'm easily amused.

Archived