I Killed Live

ggm1960

• Members

I was finally gonna take a little time to see if I could get a clue about this darn Live program on my recently acquired MBP.

Somehow one of the first things I did was sort of inadvertently set the custom VSTs in preferences to the root drive.

This killed Live and removing, rebooting and reinstalling is of no use.

Long live Live!

• Members

I was finally gonna take a little time to see if I could get a clue about this darn Live program on my recently acquired MBP.

Somehow one of the first things I did was sort of inadvertently set the custom VSTs in preferences to the root drive.

This killed Live and removing, rebooting and reinstalling is of no use.

Long live Live!

Oh i thought you meant the band. i wondered what happened to them after they got really bad.

• Members

I got it figured out but of course it sucked up all the time I was gonna use (tonight anyway) going through the lessons.:cry:

One simple question someone here might be able to answer though....

Can I use this program to send program change messages to devices on different midi channels and if so can I set it up to trigger these messages with a key press without having to load a different file?

Maybe that question doesn't make sense, it's so hard sometimes to try and explain these things.

• Members

LIVE - The Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) from Ableton. Great program.

MBP - Mac Book Pro, Apple's flagship portable computer.

Yes & Yes.

I'm a Mac newbie but after nearly 20 years of PC fondling I'm falling into it pretty easily.

• Members

I also ran through that interpretation in my head.

But then I figured it was much more likely to be a post about a really good gig.

Reverse order for me -- gig, then band. Step three was, Maybe it's the program...

I liked Throwing Copper. "I Alone," "Lightning Crashes," "Selling The Drama," good stuff. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

• Members

But then I figured it was much more likely to be a post about a really good gig.

I'd put that one in BSWTB if I thought I had something to gloat about:)

It all comes back around though.......maybe I could do better at gigs if I learned to kill with Live!

Archived