Teleprompter sunglasses

• Members

I want Bose to develop this technology and then let me be a demonstrator for them.

I want to be able to choose the frames, not classic RayBan style, but like that maybe.

The market would be 50ish singers. If you are of this demographic you know what I am saying.

I am an arty phew,phew, bastard who does not want to be tethered to a music stand. I say to myself, I should know the song well enough to not have such a crutch. But months of practice go by and I still can

• Members

I asked my dentist the other day, "Hey, while you're doin' me, do you have one of those wraparound sunglasses I've been hearing about? That lets your patient watch a movie inside it and totally zone-out... it actually simulates a healthy viewer's distance from an actual screen... noise-cancellation on the headphones....?"

He looked at me as though I were Marie Antoinette asking for a meal of saffroned hummingbird's tongues. "Ah, no way man," he said. "Man, that {censored} costs money."

Haha

• Members

Some on-camera announcers and actors use this method when prompters aren't available:

Discreet Ear Prompting (DEP)

DEP is a method of dialogue prompting for an actor in a discreet manner.

In the modern film industry it is becoming more and more common for dialogue to be rewritten just before the shoot or to have 'on set' revisions during the day of shoot. Actors are faced with the challenge of having to change and learn their dialogue at a moments notice.

'DEP' is a means by which an actor can be prompted with the utmost discretion. A small and inconspicuous earpiece is worn by the actor, and his or her lines, spoken by a prompter, are fed directly to the earpiece without anyone else knowing that the process is taking place.

DEP is invaluable not only for simply prompting lines but speaking in dialect or foreign languages. Gone are the days of distracting, embarrassing and hard to read 'idiot boards', DEP gives confidence and allows the screen actor to concentrate on the many other aspects of a movie performance.

Archived