No announcement yet.

ASSISTANT ENGINEER WANTED

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASSISTANT ENGINEER WANTED

Assistant Engineer is now being hired for World-Class recording studio located in the Caribbean. The assistant engineer is an integral part of our studio. Candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work unsupervised and be willing to relocate and adapt to island living. Must have exceptional technical skills including a firm knowledge of Pro Tools, mixing consoles, patching and signal flow. Must maintain a friendly competent demeanor with a great work ethic and attitude. The responsibilities of the assistant engineer on a session go beyond audio. Candidate will be expected to be Apple Mac proficient and have excellent communication skills. They will be expected to send daily reports and be highly effective in studio business best-practices. Impeccable character, honesty and integrity is a must. Minimum 3 years of experience in the audio field. A specific degree is not required, however an education in recording arts or audio production is a big plus. Another big plus would be someone who comes with existing client contacts. Most of all you need to be a quick learner, excellent problem solver, very organized, able to anticipate the needs of the clients and be a tech wizard capable of quickly trouble shooting any malfunction in the studio. This is an amazing opportunity to learn and grow in a world-class studio environment. Please send resumes to: studioengapplication@gmail.com

Wait, if I am already a tech wizard, with a client list and 3 years experience with a firm knowledge of Protools, what do I need you for?
    Before I waste people's time, what kind of pay are we talking here?
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

This studio isn't located on Montserrat by any chance, is it? I don't work well around liquid hot magma...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• daddymack
        daddymack commented
        Editing a comment
        'liquid' and 'hot' are a tad redundant when discussing magma...I'm jus'sayin'...

• Phil O'Keefe
        Phil O'Keefe commented
        Editing a comment

wtf?

Comment

I'm curious; where is this studio and who's building it?

Comment

Working...
        X