damn musician bastages!

MisfitKay138

• Members

2nd audition went really well, they still dont want to make a decision! :mad: now say theyre thinking of having 2 bass players. so when they have 2 or 3 set shows...:confused: wtf? so they say its a work in progress, they are working with me and another guy. how long of going back and forth? i just want in, or not.

• Members

2nd audition went really well, they still dont want to make a decision!
:mad:
now say theyre thinking of having 2 bass players. so when they have 2 or 3 set shows...
:confused:
wtf? so they say its a work in progress, they are working with me and another guy. how long of going back and forth? i just want in, or not.

Assuming you like them, just be patient. Maybe they just want to take time to make sure they make the best decision for the band.

• Members

Seriously though... You've auditioned twice and you mutually like each other. If you don't care about spending the time rehearsing with them while they make their decision, that's fine, but I'd sooner start looking for something else in the meantime. If they decide you're the one, they'll call.

• Members

Don't play their game. If they start talking about wanting multiple bass players, tell them to call you when they realize how stupid that idea is. Keep learning the songs for your own good, but don't let them waste your time.

Multiple bass players? One for each set of the night? Personally, I would be insulted by that idea.

C7

• Members

Maybe they want you,but the other dude has the material down better. Keep learning the songs like C7 said,and if you rehearse with them one more time,then force the issue. They are auditioning for YOU as much as you are for them! Tell them you thought long,and hard about it,and don't want to be part of a muti bassist band,but do it in person! Don't try this tactic over the phone because I think they are leary of letting you down in person. Also seems like they are really non-commital. While thats OK in the dating scene it makes it real difficult to get anything accomplished in the music scene!

• Members

Multiple bass players? What the shaving cream is that? :confused:

Just put them on the back burner and keep looking for yourself. When they finally make up their stinkin minds, they'll let you know. If it was meant to be, it will be.

No matter how much something might aggravate us, sometimes it's for the best.

• Members

now say theyre thinking of having 2 bass players. so when they have 2 or 3 set shows...
wtf? so they say its a work in progress, they are working with me and another guy. how long of going back and forth? i just want in, or not.

Sounds to me that they like the idea of having the novelty of a female bass player, weighing in on the visual flair and possible marketing potential.....which, if that is the case, is disrespectful toward you for not accepting you at face value for what and who you are. Let's hope I am wrong.

Regardless, you should give them an ultimatum. Youve done two auditions; thats all they are allowed. Either you are in or out, but either way, they should let you know just out of respect.

• Members

Truer words have yet to be spoken in this thread. My gut says they are a bunch of panty waisters who are to self important and like to mentally wank off. I have been through this {censored} a few times. the best one I always hear is we don;t need a bass player this good. what this really means is that one of the guitars is threatened by a player of equal caliber.

Move on. you'll find something real. For every good solid band who has there {censored} together there are 50 {censored}ing retards who think playing 2 clubs a month will make them rockstars. They often have a wanky guitard player and he has insecurity issues. If they are even worrying about market ability and they have no label backing them it is becuase they think they are something they are mostly clearly not.

Rockstars.

Sounds to me that they like the idea of having the novelty of a female bass player, weighing in on the visual flair and possible marketing potential.....which, if that is the case, is disrespectful toward you for not accepting you at face value for what and who you are. Let's hope I am wrong.

Regardless, you should give them an ultimatum. Youve done two auditions; thats all they are allowed. Either you are in or out, but either way, they should let you know just out of respect

• Members

There just not that in to you ;)

(sarcasm mode off)

I new here and I don't really know that well but that smells o' the BS to me.

Either they want you to play or not, kinda sounds like they are stringing you along for some reason.

{censored} 'em, you can always find better than that, not worth the heartache.

Nuff Said.

• Members

Don't play their game. If they start talking about wanting multiple bass players, tell them to call you when they realize how stupid that idea is. Keep learning the songs for your own good, but don't let them waste your time.

Multiple bass players? One for each set of the night? Personally, I would be insulted by that idea.

C7

+1

Archived