Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone recommend an entry level bass?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had several over the years, I right now have a SRT-800DX neck thru that just simply kicks major buttocks (if it just wasn't black)
    Perry
    www.myspace.com/badhabit00

Basses -
    MTD KZ-5
    MTD Artist 5
    Ibanez SRT-800DX
    Spector NS-2 (korean)
    Peavey G bass

Rig -
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 atop two Phil Jones Bass 4b 4X5 cabs

Comment

REFINISH!

Strip it down, and paint it how you want! For example:

I'm taking one of my boring black basses, and giving it a digital camo paint job. We're using a bunch of different automotive metallic blues and grays and whites.

Get creative!
      "Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player." - Abzurd

Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award

Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

Comment

REFINISH!

Strip it down, and paint it how you want! For example:

I'm taking one of my boring black basses, and giving it a digital camo paint job. We're using a bunch of different automotive metallic blues and grays and whites.

Get creative!

Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

Comment

Think I just had an acid flashback.....would have probably already done that if it weren't a neckthru.....
          Perry

Basses -
          MTD KZ-5
          MTD Artist 5
          Ibanez SRT-800DX
          Spector NS-2 (korean)
          Peavey G bass

Rig -

Comment

Think I just had an acid flashback.....would have probably already done that if it weren't a neckthru.....
            Perry

Basses -
            MTD KZ-5
            MTD Artist 5
            Ibanez SRT-800DX
            Spector NS-2 (korean)
            Peavey G bass

Rig -

Comment

You can bag the body and use liquid electrical tape (stuff is AWESOME by the way) to seal the whole neck off. Even the fretboard. And then it just peels right off.

YOU WANT TO DO THIS

Comment

You can bag the body and use liquid electrical tape (stuff is AWESOME by the way) to seal the whole neck off. Even the fretboard. And then it just peels right off.

YOU WANT TO DO THIS

Comment

• Reverse Entropy
                  Reverse Entropy commented
                  Editing a comment

I played a Squier bass the other day that impressed me, (and apologies because I have been quietly prejudiced against that line for a while).

The Squire VIntage Modified Jaguar bass has a small neck, a very comfortable body and a P+J pickup configuration. It might be very appealing to a new player, I certainly liked it. It was about $300.

I'm always a little skeptical of the 'setup' being done properly on new instruments in a store, so have them doublecheck that. But it was a very appealing and comfortable bass.

Working...
              X