New PRS factory..bad move in these times?

Fons

• Members

What do you think? Bad luck, wrong judgement? Or will they do well?

Should be fine, it's a good deal from the state to insure they don't get bogged down in debt over it.

Don't know how well it will translate into long-term jobs though, the DC/Balt area is swamped with guitar techs and luthiers who are disgruntled ex-PRS employees. Apparently, the only thing smaller than their paychecks was the amount of appreciation they were shown.

• Members

I know lots of GOOD companies that use the slowdown in the economy to improve their infrastructure (new buildings, equipment, computers, etc). Typically there is a learning curve and quality suffers with new buildings, equipment, computers, etc and this will give them the time to train, move, install without having to sacrifice quality due to the learning curve and extra stress of such moves.

Smart move in my mind.

• Members

I know lots of GOOD companies that use the slowdown in the economy to improve their infrastructure (new buildings, equipment, computers, etc). Typically there is a learning curve and quality suffers with new buildings, equipment, computers, etc and this will give them the time to train, move, install without having to sacrifice quality due to the learning curve and extra stress of such moves.

Smart move in my mind.

The company I work for is doing this. Company wide, we're implementing the LEAN system and optimizing alot of our manufacturing. When we get on the other side of this mess, we should be a much stronger company. I'd like to ask each and every one of you guys to go buy an American made ATV tire or 4, just as soon as you can.. =)

• Members

The company I work for is doing this. Company wide, we're implementing the LEAN system and optimizing alot of our manufacturing. When we get on the other side of this mess, we should be a much stronger company. I'd like to ask each and every one of you guys to go buy an American made ATV tire or 4, just as soon as you can.. =)

Buy me an American made ATV and I will buy the tires.:poke:

Archived