IBANEZ SUCKS!!! I HATE IBANEZ!!!

dimibetan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not a huge fan of the shred guitars. For one thing, floyds just seem like such a pain in the ass. But I think their hollows and semi-hollows are severely under-rated. I jam with a guy that is just an amazing player, been playing and performing all his life (62) and always asks me if I still have the Artstar AF-120 cause he wants to raise the cash to buy it. The action is incredible esp for a hollow IMO and he says the tone reminds him of an American made Gretsch he had growing up.

• Members

No hate for Ibanez here although I don't care for their shred guitars... or any other company's for that matter.

I think all their semihollow models are great and I'd probably own more than a few if it weren't for the necks.

Dang! I've never been able to bond with those necks.

• Members

Eh... If you'd have George Benson I'd be with you on that statement. However, Ibanez had plenty of endorsers that weren't from the Metal genre long before Frank Gamble started his endorsement deal in later 80's.

Joe Pass, Lee Ritenour and Benson were the first.

• Members

Ibanez makes a good guitar for a good price.

I have an ARC300 and a 90's bass with active PU's that I love. Only thing with the ARC300 is the stock pick ups blow, had to replace them with some good ones, but other than that, it's a heavy well built guitar.

• Members

I like Ibanez guitars. They are not chained down by the legacy of having to stay true to outdated strat or les paul design (and their inherent limitations), but they are still big enough to be able to offer a good value. I think they are the best brand of this mold.

Archived