NGD! Artcore AG95TRD

Glenn F

• Members

I have AF105 and for the price I payed nothing can touch it.

I guess build quality is the same compared to yours,... the only difference is the pups probably. Mine has Custom 58 pickups in there and they sound good to me.

My friend has a Heritage 757 and that's an awesome guitar but when I compared my Af105 to his 757 I was surprised how good AF105 really is. For the money I payed, AF105 is the winner.

• Members

Hi there,

This just got here. It seems to be well set up, nothing wrong, intonation is pretty good for a floating bridge (my last experience with one of those was a nightmare). The pictures don't do the finish justice. It plays well, and sounds very good, though there may be a pup switch in the future.

DSC04153.jpg

DSC04155.jpg

DSC04156.jpg

Cheers!

Glenn

MY NEXT GUITAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love:

• Members

Well,

If you were in Europe, you could have mine. Unfortunately, I decided that this guitar looked better than in sounded and played. I don't know what it is, but my luck with mid-priced Artcores isn't good. I have an AS103NT, which is great, but I ended up with that because I had originally bought a defective AF95-VLS.

Anyways, the reasons for not keeping it;

Sharp frets on the bottom;

Unevenly cut nut; strings were different heights;

Lowering the action a bit brought on a nasty rattle from behind the bridge, and brought out buzzing on a couple of frets, which revealed themselves to be a bit high.

These things I would've had taken care of by my luthier, but the deal breaker was the pickups. I couldn't get happy with the sound of the guitar. The neck pup sounded rather dull, and the bridge pup sounded harsh. The sound of the hollowbody, which is why I wanted it in the first place, was not really present.

So, I sent it back, yesterday, in exchange for a Hagstrom HJ-600 NA. More dinerii, but probably a better guitar. It will hopefully arrive sometime this week.

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived