HELP!!! Strat Makeover - PUs and PG color

dimibetan

• Members

Ok... I was planning to put a full-sized humbucker to my Strat-copy which was adviced from some of our co-members in this forum. Unfortunately, my Strat copy is SSS routed. It means I have two options: Buy a SC-sized HB but not as good as a full-sized; or buy a full-sized HB but have to put space for my Strat...

I ended up selling it and bought a '06 HWY1 Strat from a friend for $400+...

DSCF0180-1.jpg

To cut it short, Im going to proceed with my previous to and continue it on the HWY1 and also change the pickguard color, if necessary.

Can you guy help me out and vote for the best color of PUs and PG combination?

2_Highway1_HSS-1.jpg

After this, I will post picture with good quality shots.

I forgot... its actually my HNGD... how about that? :lol:

• Members

I did this exact pole a while ago. Aside from the pearloid, I had the exact same choices for that exact guitar. I plan on redoing mine (same guitar, same finish as yours) in C or D, except mine will be SSS. I really like D. One of the guys here has a CBS era strat with that exact combo that I love.

• Members

i like choice G.

a little off topic but is there a virtual strat builder where you can pick your own combinations? (similar to the vRG builder on the jemsite forums). i'm having the same dilemma as you but on a black strat

• Members

i like choice G.

a little off topic but is there a virtual strat builder where you can pick your own combinations? (similar to the vRG builder on the jemsite forums). i'm having the same dilemma as you but on a black strat

I havent seen nor try to look it... Might do now...

I just managed to make combinations on photoshop.:lol:

• Members

For that burst I always liked White PUs on W/B/W PG with White Knobs.

Right now I'm putting together a Roadhouse with that same burst, except I'm using parchment PG and Knobs instead of white, which is a little more aged looking white almost like an eggshell color.

Archived