Pedal Board For Under $100???

dughaze

• Members

I need one that will hold at least a wah, Bad Monkey, a Boss tuner (gotta get one), and a Digitech digtal delay. I guess I could use my One Spot for power? They are all so expensive or lame when they are not expensive. Oh yeah, it needs to be portable for gigging.

No made in China stuff.

• Members
VernesPedalBoard.jpg
PedalsInCase-combo.jpg

Piece of board, some of that felt stuff they cover car boom-boxes with, glue and a used suitcase [with wheels on bottom and side] from Salvation Army. Cost under $20 and there's enough room for guitar stands, cables and other stuff. Board with pedals lifts out and case goes backstage for gigs.

• Members

I have no idea where they are made, but the Gator Pedal Tote is $109 and includes a carry bag and power supply. You can get just the board and bag for $59.00

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GPT-Powered-Pedalboard-with-Carry-Bag?sku=546157

The Behringer PB1000 holds up to 12 pedals and comes with power supply, adapter AND patch cables all in a hard case for $99.95

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHPB1000

• Members
from Salvation Army. Cost under $20 and there's enough room for guitar stands, cables and other stuff. Board with pedals lifts out and case goes backstage for gigs.

That's awesome. I'm doing the same with a pedal board I built, and an old suitcase I found on the side of the road for free in perfect condition. :thu:

My question is, where did you get that felt liner stuff? I'd like to use that to fill up the space in the suitcase and keep the pedals from clunking around inside when in transit.

• Members
That's awesome. I'm doing the same with a pedal board I built, and an old suitcase I found on the side of the road for free in perfect condition.
:thu:

My question is, where did you get that felt liner stuff? I'd like to use that to fill up the space in the suitcase and keep the pedals from clunking around inside when in transit.

Thanks.

The felt covering came from a shop up the street that installs stereos in cars. They have it on big rolls for covering boom boxes, but since I didn't need much I was able to get some off-cuts for something like $10. Put velcro on the bottom of your pedals and they stick like glue. Only caveat is, after you've taken a pedal on/off a few times the hair on the felt fluffs up and velcro won't stick well until I take a pair of sissors and give it a "hair cut" - basically snip off the extraneous strands, and it's good as new.

I also have a few pieces of foam I got at a local foam shop. One under the pedalboard and another that goes on top to stop things from moving about in transit. You can see the top one in the open case picture. I usually put the pedals in, put that layer of foam over them, then put the extra cords and such between the foam and the case top so the pedals don't get scratched up.

The 2 power bars are velcroed/taped to a long strip of wood that itself is velcroed to the main board. This way I can move all the power away from the actual pedals when in use so I don't get AC interference in the audio signal. I bundled the cables from the wall-warts to the pedals leaving a foot or 2 of length.

• Members
from Salvation Army. Cost under $20 and there's enough room for guitar stands, cables and other stuff. Board with pedals lifts out and case goes backstage for gigs.

And the shoes you need to wear to be able to hit all those buttons! :p

• Members

Pedaltrain Jr. with softcase is exactly $100 I think. Lightweight solid aluminum, angled a bit so you can better do 2 rows of pedals, mounting brackets underneath for a Voodoo PedalPower or similar, comes with good velcro. For my setup it's fitting a wah, tuner, boost, A/B switch, overdrive, and delay. The softcase seems sturdy enough with an extra storage pocket for accessories

It's durable, very easy to pack up and go, allows an orderly cable/power supply setup, looks good, and comes with a case.

http://www.pedaltrain.com/

Archived